A three Comp Box - What do you guys think?

are you interested in participating in the Three Comp Box?

• yes

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • no

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

gonefishin

Hi guys...I have an idea for another box...yes, we're still going to keep the Music Box making it's course. but this new box (the three Comp Box) will serve a different purpose.

The purpose for the "three Comp Box" is to share some of our favorite songs (in a compilation form burned onto a CD-R) with each other. This CD could be just a bunch your favorite songs, or it could have a theme to it...like your Saturday night hard rockin' 70's songs, or Swingin' on Tuesday, Classical Cuts...or my "a common theme" (where all the songs on the comp have a common theme...in common). Bottom line...if you've got a mix of songs you'd like to share with others, burn them onto a CD and drop them in the box.

So here's the idea...If you've got some comps...and would like to share them with others...just request the three comp box...and when you receive it...throw your comps in there. Of course, since you've got the box...you may as well take a listen to the other comps already in the box ;) Seems like it would be a shame to add yours in there and not take a listen to the rest of them :p:

That's it. If you want to listen to the three comp box or add your comp into the box...just request it within the appropriate thread (to possibly be created later). Then, you hang on to the box until someone else has requested it. Once it has been requested...YOU could contact the person requesting the box (via e-mail or PM) to get the requesters mailing information. Once you've got his/her mailing information...send the box along to them. Once they receive the box...they could listen to all the comps the box has to offer...waiting for the next person to request it.

The biggest thing we would have to do...is to make sure we keep all the comps together. This way...once the box is requested...we wouldn't have to go searching high and low for the CD's.

Please voice in if you have any comments or suggestions...if you think this may work or not...or what ever???

Whatcha think?

Great idea Gonefishin - wish I'd thought of it:D

I somehow missed your original post back in Nov.

I create comps all the time, and have dozens of them. I could send you some to add to yours GF to help get the box started. Some of you "Music" board regulars (Dave918, CarlV, DingusBoy, Pastor Eric, tentoze - who I know has a bunch of comps because I have some of them) need to chime in and join. Ditto for all you AKers on the Music Box list.

The Music Box has been great. I'm sure this will be too.

JDaniel

I'm game. I should have got my name on the music box.:rolleyes:
Maybe if a second time around. I've been meaning to make a
not-for the-meek disc.

Carl

Ummm, I've been kinda busy playing albums lately so my only question is:

Can I burn a CD with a bic or do I need something hotter?:dunno:

Actually, I have plenty of CD's, I'd be game.

Last edited:
Well Gonefishin', this looks like a winner to me. We've got 8 takers. With 3 comps each, that's 24 for starters. Why don't you come up with the rules/particulars, and let us know how to get started. I've got 3 or more ready to send. Let me know how I can help.

JDaniel

How about if we talk about how it'll be set up here...then, when we've decided...we can start the new thread (once it gets going)

here's is what I was thinking.

First off...there would be no list...and no one in charge of the list (believe me...you don't want anyone to be in charge of the list ;) ) The box would start off with one person (just say me)...I would add my comp(s) into the box...and create an appropriate thread (which starts the box off). After the thread is created...I just sit tight...listening to my comps. I hold on to the box until someone requests the box from me...they would do this in the thread created. Once they request the box...I would contact this individual (the requestee) and get their information. Once I've got their information...I'd send the box along to them.

When the requestee receives the box...they can listen to all the selections in the box...They could also copy any comps they want at this time too...but at the end...all comps must be returned to the box (to be sent to the next person) So the first requestee has received the box...now they are listening and possibly copying the comps...They add their comps into the box... Now they hold on to the box until someone else requests the box from THEM. At this point...things start all over again...now they contact the new requestee...get their information...and send the box along.

I'm thinking that there shouldn't be any stipulations to participate either. Many people do have CD recorders nowadays...but not all people. So...if you have a CD-r...where you could make some comps to throw into the box...that would be great! It can be as much fun sharing your music as listening to someone else's. BUT...if you don't have a CD-R...and can't make a comp...I think you should still get to listen to other peoples comps. You just wouldn't be able to add your own in there. Who knows...as time and money permits...maybe this would persuade you to get a CD-R in the future. But till then...you could still participate.

let's discuss it>>>>>>>

oh...another thing...we would keep using plastic sleeves (instead of jewel cases)...for shipping purposes. I'd also to give the option to those living outside of the U.S and Canada to participate. I'm not sure how much shipping would be...bt I'd like everyone to have the option...we could always figure something out.

That sounds good. It keeps it open to anybody that may want to play along.

So, are you going to kick it off Fish ?

J

GF,

Want me to send you a few discs to help get it started? You could then add in yours and send it along.

JDaniel

I'm surprised that there has not been more interested in this thread. What intrigues me is that I've put together a compilation CD that I use in auditioning speakers and CDPs that I rather like. I'd be interested in what compilations others might use.

If I might be so bold, I'd suggest that no tracks on any compilations be derived from MP3 or other lossy formats. My compilation tracks are direct .wav rips.

So, is anyone interested in getting this ball rolling again? If gonefishing is too busy to get things started, I'll be willing to kick things off.

/Age

Back
Top Bottom