A Video Guide on How to Use Howard's Restor-A-Finish and Feed-n-Wax

Great tutorial. I do things pretty much the same, though if the veneer isn't too bad I will apply the Feed n Wax by itself, using fine grain steel wool which seems to take a bit of the dead finish off as I apply the wax...very simple and works wonderfully. I love the Howards products. Thanks for posting that.

A very useful tutorial, nicely done. I have KLH 6's that need the same treatment, as well as a few other pairs of speakers. Good job!

I have a pair of speaker cabinets that are in good enough but bad enough shape to benefit (I think) from this regimen, so I will peruse. Thanks.

I just bought some yesterday for my EPI 601's...I'll view the video before I start tonight. Great timing!!!

Glad everyone's finding my guide helpful. I was worried that I'd look like a total nerd and loser. :p:

Glad everyone's finding my guide helpful. I was worried that I'd look like a total nerd and loser. :p:

Not at all, not that being a nerd is bad, we are all audio nerds here:D
I have a new pair of KLH 5's that are pristine other than a 6 inch scratch on one of the cabinets, I may have to follow your lead and buy some Howards.

You looked like a total nerd and a loser, but the tutorial was excellent! Oh, and by the way, Napoleon Dynamite absolutely rocked.

(just kidding, tmad40blue - you did just fine)

It's great and it's the way I do it, BUT you say at the beginning to go with the grain and then you start "GOING AGAINST THE GRAIN!!!!" Good God man what are you trying to do confuse people? LOL

It's great and it's the way I do it, BUT you say at the beginning to go with the grain and then you start "GOING AGAINST THE GRAIN!!!!" Good God man what are you trying to do confuse people? LOL

OH GOD I did not even realize that. :boring: :drool: I'll add an annotation to the video pointing that out.

Thanks for catching that :thmbsp:

I thought that RAF was supposed to be applied with steel wool.

You can apply it with either - I've done both and see no real difference in the end product when using either one. I think the steel wool cleans better if you're doing a really nasty, dirty surface, but under normal circumstances it doesn't really matter.

Sir.Byrd said:
I would give you an internet for that, but I already have given you one!

Why thank you sir.

Great video. I've been harpin on how great this stuff is for a couple years now...

Also, you can use some fine steel wool.. 0000 or such when applying these, and it will smooth out and buff up the finish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom