A year of lurking, time to say hello

Tomw86

Hello everyone :) after a year of lurking, reading and benefiting from the collective knowledge I thought it was about time to join in properly.
The name's Tom, hailing from the south west of the UK, newly into my 30's and finally indulging a long held desire to have a 'proper' stereo setup :music: albeit on a pretty small budget!

Thanks to both AK and some careful bargain hunting I currently run:

JVC AX-Z911 integrated amp
JVC FX-311L tuner
JVC XL-V333 CD Player / Aiwa XC-700 CD Player
Technics SL-D202 TT with AT-95e cartridge
Tannoy Saturn S30's / B&W DM22's / Wharfedale 505.2's

All in no more than £350 invested but it definitely brings me pleasure :music::rockon: Looking forward to participating much more in this fantastic community in the future!

Regards

Tom

Welcome to the AK Crew.

Good bang for your buck with the assembly of gear that you've obtained to date. You've been def selective.

Q

Welcome to the AK Crew.

Good bang for your buck with the assembly of gear that you've obtained to date. You've been def selective.

Q

Thankyou, plenty of good guidance from AK plus lots of luck led me to all of those finds, my favourites are definitely the amp for £75 and the B&W's for just £15 although I tend to run the Tannoys much more as they dig deeper and the drivers are a bit more obtainable if the worst should happen!

I have clear memories of a friend's dad having a full JVC superdigifine set-up back in the very early 90's and it just ticked all my boxes - which doesn't say much for my ears I guess, but I very much want to pull together a similar set-up for myself. Shame that some components are so hard to source :dunno:

Regards

Tom

Thankyou, plenty of good guidance from AK plus lots of luck led me to all of those finds, my favourites are definitely the amp for £75 and the B&W's for just £15 although I tend to run the Tannoys much more as they dig deeper and the drivers are a bit more obtainable if the worst should happen!

I have clear memories of a friend's dad having a full JVC superdigifine set-up back in the very early 90's and it just ticked all my boxes - which doesn't say much for my ears I guess, but I very much want to pull together a similar set-up for myself. Shame that some components are so hard to source :dunno:

Regards

Tom

Glad AK could have been supportive in your selection of your stuff.

I hear you on the JVC. Got an older tuner that I wouldn't trade. Great pull in power!

Check out the Canuck stereo site from time to time. Sometimes some good deals come up, but you gotta be quick, eh?

Q

Back
Top Bottom