AAARRRGGG!!! I Hate When That Happens!!!

toddalin

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Yesterday I pulled the grill cloth off one of the L200/300s and found the horn lens sitting at the bottom leaning against the woofer! :eek2:

It didn't punch through the foam, but did leave some scars on the woofer cone!

I don't like it, but it probably has no effect on the sound, and I don't want to pay the cost of reconing, especially, because I would want to do all three just on principal and that would be over $900. :mad:

You know that velcro is over 40 years old! At least it is on mine are is getting weaker. Think I'm going to replace it soon now, thanks for the reminder!

Long long time ago when there were many small studios and recording labels at the ansonia building in New York,there was one studio that had the similar problems with the horn lens,after a lot of scotch and herb the solution was to put 4 thumb tacks and a pair of rubber bands across,it worked well.
Never understood why jbl thought that Velcro would work well in this application,they must have had a slick salesperson.
Now I don't recommend making holes in vintage speakers but back then vintage was mono

Back
Top Bottom