Aah, 3rd post - better introduce myself!

DJStrange

Sorry I skipped this bit and dived straight into the depths of "solid-state restoration", followed by some "car-audio-as-main-system"...!

Hello to you all, long time lurker from Lancashire UK.

I'm an Engineering Surveyor/Setting Out Engineer and CAD Technician for a living, but I'd best describe myself as a jack-of-all-trades, being interested in mucking about fixing things and solving problems from a very young age. First project was making a bike light out of a couple of D batteries taped to some bits of wires and a couple of Scalectrix bulbs - things haven't really moved on from there much lol!

Then I used to build Velleman and Maplin kit amplifiers through my late teens early twenties (one of which I still have in working order, some 20 years old...).

Then I bought lots of vinyl and used to record mix tapes on chrome cassettes, then mini-disc for my mates, something which I still enjoy now that I've afforded some Technics 1210MK2, but now I use time-control vinyl and mix MP3/FLAC. Still have a tape deck though and some "master" mixes. Also still have a Sony MZR-37 minidisk recorder and loads of minidiscs! I still have all my vinyl too, mostly late 90's early 2000's drum & bass (Good Looking Records, Metalheadz, Cadence etc).

Then I got into cars, classic Minis, classic Vauxhalls, an Audi S8 and then I got nostalgic for an 80/81 Mini Van which is waiting to be restored this year once I've taught myself how to weld and finished buying panels and paint... there's a link to the project-to-be if anybody's interested in that...

Just about to embark on a restoration of my faithful old Technics SU-8080 which has been with me for around 20 years so I've been very interested in lots of old and new articles in the solid state forums. Digi-key are about to send me some Panasonic THA caps, some MJ21193/94 transistors and an obsolete protection relay - I might start a thread here once this kicks off.

So yeah, hello everyone!

Welcome to the realm of AK from cross the Pond.

With your electronic background, bout time you got on board, m'8!

You'll be fit.

Q

Yes, welcome to AK DJStrange.

FWIW. I never did introduce myself on this site almost 3 years ago.

I didn`t notice the introduction section when I joined.
I just dove right in.
And when I did finally notice the introduction posting section, I had already been posting for quite a few months !

So, since none of the members/staff ever scolded me, about some "breach of social network protocol/etiquette", I chose not to be concerned !! HA !!

Stick around, and enjoy AK Sir.

Back
Top Bottom