Ability to use Equalizers on Vintage Pioneers..advice sought

BILLION$BABY

Tried to find info on this prior to asking but was unsuccessful. I have no problem using my Pioneer 9800 EQ on Pioneer receivers using the Pre/Power amp inputs like on my SX-939. However on the models like SX-737 which don't have those inputs is their any way to use an EQ?? I read the 737 manual and there is nothing written about using an EQ. I tried using the TAPE 1 or 2 Inputs but the EQ doesn't work thru those (Or I am doing something wrong). Any advice for this dummy would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your patience!!

You run the output from the receiver's tape monitor in to the eq. Then you run the output from the eq back in to the input of the tape monitor. Turn on the tape monitor and your eq should work. If it doesn't, check to make sure you wired it right. The next step would be to check the cables and finally check the tape monitor itself.

You run the output from the receiver's tape monitor in to the eq. Then you run the output from the eq back in to the input of the tape monitor. Turn on the tape monitor and your eq should work. If it doesn't, check to make sure you wired it right. The next step would be to check the cables and finally check the tape monitor itself.

That did the trick. Have NO IDEA what I had backwards. Very much appreciated!!

Back
Top Bottom