About Tannoy Eyris E-3

datca_ed

Hi,

Just a newbie to AK...

wondering who has heard or owns the Tannoys.

Wondering what the thoughts and feelings of members are about these speakers.

I have McIntosh SS and tube equipment.

All the best,

Ed

I can't speak to the Eyris line. My Tannoys are the dual concentric variety that Tannoy is famous for and I've never heard the more conventional multi-driver variation.

If you are considering Tannoy, be sure to check out a dual concentric variety.

Putting "professionalism aside for a moment :D , I'll share my personal opinion of the Tannoy Eyris DC-3... in short, it's simply f___ing awesome. I haven't compared to the non-dual-concentric version of this specific model, but I will say- in every other direct comparison (ie, the Sensys 2 vs. the Sensys DC-2, etc), I have found that the dual-concentric version are WELL WORTH the price differential. Much better speaker.

I'll say this- we have the Eyris DC-3s, the Tannoy TD-12s, Vandersteens, Martin-Logans, and such available, and of all the speakers in the store, if I were pressed to take ONE PAIR home with me RIGHT NOW, no room to reconsider, I'd pick the Eyris DC-3s. Sure, the TD-12s are awesome speakers... but for something that has sounded better on MORE DIFFERENT amps/preamps/receivers/integrated amps/tube/SS/etc. combos, the Eyris DC-3s are my choice. If you've got the mega-buck tube gear and the cabling to go with it, the TD-12s are the bees knees... but it's hard to EVER go wrong with the sound of the Eyris DC-3s, no matter what, no matter WHERE. The tonal balance and focus of these speakers pretty much leave NOTHING to be desired... they do it all, IMHO.

Regards,
Gordon.

the Eyris DC3's

Gordon,

Thanks for the enthusiasm. I will take a close listen to them.

I own both an MA 230 and a MC 225, also an MR 67 and an MX 110, and I'm considering the Eyris in relation to these combinations. I'm playing an MVP 851 through these lovely tubes and using Kubala and Sosna Anticipation cables and interconnects at this time.

I have come to value the voice of these amplifiers very much. :banana:

All the best,

Ed

Back
Top Bottom