Accidental Cable Score

subdermis2000

Soviet Canuckistanian
Two weeks ago: After reading the many threads on cabling and doing further research I finally decided on four possible buys for DIY cable stock. As I happen to work for a company that orders regularly from cable distributors, I asked these distributors for quotes on the four cable types and in comes the quote from one firm for Belden 1810A, a 14 AWG four conductor cable, at $150 Canadian (including all taxtes and delviery to my office) for 250 feet. My brain screams SOLD once I see this price. So, I ordered the cable and its been sitting here at home for a week as I have not had time to re-run.

Today: I get a phone call from the distributor. Turns out they did a sales audit over the last week and the audit team had some questions about my purchase. They tell me that the salesperson (who is not on commission fortunately) plugged the wrong numbers into the system and the $150 I paid should have been $500 and that if I (the company that I work for) was to order more, to not think that I was being screwed if the price suddenly appeared to triple.

I guess this is a little message that, while we all may be Karma's bitch, that she helps us out every once in a while.

Back
Top Bottom