Accuphase E202 Amp T100 Tuner

Discussion in 'Kenwood-Trio/Kensonic-Accuphase' started by JamVal, Sep 25, 2017.

1. JamVal

JamVal Super Member

I may be looking at an Accuphase E202 amp and T100 Tuner. All I know is that they look good and claim they have been 'serviced'.

What should I be asking about and looking for assuming I will be able to open them up? Any weak components that should be changed. I think I read somewhere that the protection relay on the E202 can be troublesome?

2. ManyMoonsAudio

ManyMoonsAudio AKA paul79 Sponsor Subscriber

Yes, the relay could be a problem, but there are very few if any solutions for this one. The fix is to replace the type with another type and figure out how to get it all mounted.

Your biggest concerns on the E-202 are leaking filter capacitors and the electrolytic capacitors. Have they all been changed?

3. JamVal

JamVal Super Member

I don't know if any components have been changed, but I'm guessing not. The only info I have is a photo showing what looks to be excellent cosmetics and a claim of being 'serviced'. In my area that would normally mean cleaned, pots cleaned with deoxit, lamps replaced as needed, inputs/outputs tested and working, and maybe DC offset and bias checked and set. If caps have been replaced people normally say so. I've never done a recap, and this one doesn't seem to be an appropriate unit to learn on. Maybe save that for later if I could get it at a reasonable price, but that doesn't appear likely on this one either. Thanks for the reply.

4. ManyMoonsAudio

ManyMoonsAudio AKA paul79 Sponsor Subscriber

Ya, you don't want to cut your teeth on one of these. I wouldn't be too scared of it though if the price was right. They are worth getting rebuilt.

5. JamVal

JamVal Super Member

I have a pretty good idea of what the value would be for an unrestored unit vs. restored and what it would cost to have it rebuilt. Retail restored price is what's being asked.

6. Tony C.

Tony C. New Member

I have (and am delighted with) a re-capped E303x, which isn't really relevant to your questions, but have also owned a T-100 and was quite happy with it.