Accuphase P-260 vs P-300X

rayray83

Both these amps are available locally and I am looking to upgrade my P-250. The P-260 has a Class A option with a MOSFET output stage And the P-300X has more power with a MOSFET output stage also. Anyone have any experience with either? what would you go with. Amps will be pair with a Accuphase C-200 and Focal Aria 948's.

Thanks
Ray

It's a pretty sensitive speaker. I would go with the 260 because I like options to tailor sonics. Might be a good idea to have it recapped though. Class A is HOT!

Both amps are fully serviced and recapped and for sale by a reputable local collector who gear is always in amazing condition. I am leaning towards the P-260, like you mention the options to switch the characteristics of the amp would be a big plus!

Thanks
Ray

The 300X is probably the top of the line P300. Its the one I really want but cant afford.

Is the P260 definitely switchable to Class A? If so, I would be inclined to go with that one.

Last edited:
I auditioned Both the P-260 and the P-300X on Saturday. Both sounded fantastic and were in mint condition. The P-300 had a very smooth big sound but the P-260 just sounded so right especially when in class A mode. Tons of detail with a great top and bottom end! I went with the P-260 and hopefully I can install it into my system in the next couple of days:D

Cheers,
Ray

Back
Top Bottom