santashooter

Hi guys
Do you guys know the difference between the P-300 and the P-300II
like, are they different in construction? and what is the time-gap between these?
I can't find information on the history-page at Accuphase.com (http://www.accuphase.com/history.html)

the reason is, i am looking for a pair for my C-200 preamplifier here in Europe, and sometimes a P-300II comes up, and i don't know how well it fits in terms of originality and "parity"

I hope someone can help shed some light :)

The 300II is a refined version of the P-300. The circuit topology is similar but they improved the dual differential input to the main drive circuit. It now uses some unusual dual transistor packages (ala 2SC3381/2SA1349) for the diff pairs along with current mirrors. Some CCS have been added for the LTP current. The voltage gain stage now uses better transistors as well. Not sure was the time frame was. It uses the 2SA969/2SC2239 which I thought were late 70's or early 80's part numbers.

Hi FootFungus
Thank you very much for your insight into the construction difference - it sounds to me like it is a technologically superior model or "iteration".
As the first was introduced in 1973 and i have the C-200, i am still looking for the "P-300 without II" for pairing, unless someone can specify an introduction year for the "II" version?

best regards

I'm guessing the II was late 70's. There was an 300S in 77 and then the 300x a bit later. The II was probably between them, maybe for certain markets.

Hmm - it can be -I has noticed however, that the P-300 meter dial is lacking a lot of the information that was introduced on the dial with the P-300s.
The P-300II has the same dial as the P-300 - doesn't it seem weird to change back? or maybe it was to distinguish the S from the II version?

discount the dial (meters) they dont provide any sound contribution, the 300ii is just a mk2, it will have more up to data circuitry
My question is regarding the production year of the 300II in regard to the P-300 and P-300S
I am not asking about sound, as FootFungus provided some great insight into the construction-differences. I am just trying to establish when the II was introduced - and the reason i include the meters, is because it doesn't seem logical to revert the first design, if the II was produced after the S model :)

Back
Top Bottom