Accuphase P300

ALLSTARR

Hi,

I recently bought a Accuphase P300 to have a complete set ( T100 - C200 - P300)
I saw that the right DB meter is going more then the left one ^^ Whats the cause of this and can this be solved?

grtzz

My guess is tired electrolytic capacitors in the meter circuit assuming all else is working near correct.
If it's never been recapped, all the electrolytic capacitors are aged.

Electrolytic capacitors are the known items that age and are the weak link in vintage gear.
Not as a failure point, but as a deceased performance point.
Like worn out car tires, they work, but not well.

How do you like the c200? I have a p400 and am looking for accuphase preamp to replace the mac c28 I am currently using.

hmm the guy i bought it from told me he reworked ( not repaired ) the P300 (dunno the differance) I couldent understand all of what he was saying cos hes english was real bad....he talked abouth a circuitboard i think and soldering ...
But u think its needed to fix those capacitors?

so you think it would be a good pair? Not a lot of info out there on it. I read somewhere that the 240 was the mate for the p400 but the c200 is more available.

Another question is ( dunno if it is a stupid question ) but
so you think it would be a good pair? Not a lot of info out there on it. I read somewhere that the 240 was the mate for the p400 but the c200 is more available.
Well y why not :) I had him paired before with the P400 and sounded awsome....what info u need more abouth the c200 ?

What i dont like is the fact that the P300 has warm white light under the hood and the T100 and C200 has green light ( where can i get those green lights btw?)

Get hold of the SM (you may need to pay Rick at Stereomanuals.com for it) and do the meter calibration setup first. You can adjust the sensitivity of each meter with a trimpot under the hood.

Nice amp, this one.

Another question is this,for all those reading this topic.Since i got the Accuphase P300 and P400 i sometimes wanne use the P400 too so it doesnt get lazy.This is how i think i wanne do but i dunno its safe ...I wanne extend the speakercables who are connected now to the P300 and connect them to the P400 too. Then i only have to change the cables (output to C200) But im just worried,so i ask here before i do ^^

(Now i want a T103 ffs :) )

Back
Top Bottom