1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Accuphase T101 tuning meter doesn't move

Discussion in 'Tuners' started by lbcgav, Nov 26, 2017.

1. lbcgav

lbcgav AK Subscriber Subscriber

Is there an IC or crystal that I can change out to fix this issue? The tuner appears to work very well and all other indicators are working properly.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Punker X

Punker X Moderator Moderator Subscriber

First you need to determine if the meter is bad or not. You can take a multimeter on the lowest ohm's setting and just touch the leads of the meter. It should defect the meter. You may have to reverse the leads to get a positive movement. Just touch the meter, don't hold the leads on the meter for an extended time. You just want to see if it moves with voltage or not. If its good then we can look at way it isn't moving. My initial thought would be a bad transistor, but could also just be dirty switches, old caps, broken wire, bad solder joint, etc.

3. lbcgav

Thanks for the help! I'll check with my meter and report back.

4. lbcgav

As a late follow up, I never actually opened this back up to see if the meter moves with a multimeter, but for whatever reason, the tuning meter is working now. I don't know if an old dried up capacitor was "reformed" or what, but the tuning meter is working the way it should.

Last edited: May 11, 2018