Accuphase

chicks

Lunatic Member
I had no idea Accuphase still made gear. Here's their BOTL integrated. :drool: I dare not look for pricing. ;)

http://accuphase.com/product.html

e-260.jpg

Yep, and still highly regarded. Often mentioned in comparison to modern Luxman, which makes sense. Pricey but beautiful gear. There's a local store that carries Accuphase but it's the one place I haven't been to.

When I was first introduced into the audio (gear) world waaay back in the mid-seventies, there were two companies I drooled over. The first one was Crown, the second was Accuphase.

Nice!

I've tried, they just never seem to be open in the odd hours I keep. I'm happy with my mid-80s E-303x, though. It, and my Lux Laboratory Reference stack will be the last vintage to leave here.

Accuphase and Luxman currently make, in my opinion, the best looking modern gear. Maybe because it looks both old and new?

Accuphase makes some gorgeous looking gear.
A friend of mine has some of their gear, it looks stunning and sounds amazing too,

I would be thrilled to see, and listen to the new Accuphase and Luxman offerings, in person.

I auditioned the new Luxman L-550ax last week at the store. This was my first time hearing a modern day Lux... It was simply amazing. I might be changing my tune from my earlier pick of the McIntosh MA6600 to the Lux for my next/final Integ.

I went in to check out the class A/B version but when I heard this 20watt pure class A beauty I fell in love. The musicality, excellent midband resolution and low end grip that flowed from the unit was incredible. http://www.luxman.co.jp/global/product/ia_l-550ax.html

I'm buying Harbeth's for my birthday in Oct and I think this unit will be a great match. I think I found my dream system:music:

Last edited:
Accuphase amps are super nice! especially workmanship is better than any Hi-End amplifiers I've ever seen.

Looks like Accuphase is never going to change faceplate design.

I used to have E306 and DP55 20 years ago in Japan, I was foolish enough to buy those expensive gears because I was only 23 years old and wasn't thinking but I love the gears ,I sold it in Y2K because I was moving to U.S.

It was great experience, I did enjoy every minutes of it.
One day I will buy it again, may be separates when I do that :scratch2:

Last edited:
Accuphase amps are super nice! especially workmanship is better than any Hi-End amplifiers I've ever seen.

Looks like Accuphase is never going to change faceplate design.

I used to have E306 and DP55 20 years ago in Japan, I was foolish enough to buy those expensive gears because I was only 23 years old and wasn't thinking but I love the gears ,I sold it in Y2K because I was moving to U.S.

It was great experience, I did enjoy every minutes of it.
One day I will buy it again, may be separates when I do that :scratch2:

SEXY stuff, I have always loved Accuphase.

The new stuff is absolutely killer. I've been hearing it year after year at CES, and the very latest units will blow you away. I am almost positive on this. Unfortunately, it is too overpriced here in the US. You can get it from Japan, I suppose. Or these middlemen sites like PriceJapan and Audio Cubes. Which only sell you the 100V model. Apparently rewiring is easy, or you can run it off transformers.

Except for the gold color I do think they look killer. :) Sound great as well. I would love to have a A/B session with my L-590ax and an E-600. That would be awesome.

Except for the gold color I do think they look killer. :) Sound great as well. I would love to have a A/B session with my L-590ax and an E-600. That would be awesome.

That would. Accuphase and Luxman are 2 of the best brands around, imo. I prefer Accuphase myself. I think the build quality is better and so is the sound. But the Luxman is no slouch at all.

That would. Accuphase and Luxman are 2 of the best brands around, imo. I prefer Accuphase myself. I think the build quality is better and so is the sound. But the Luxman is no slouch at all.

When I was shopping for my integrated the Accuphase was significantly more expensive than the Luxman. So in my mind the build quality should be better :)

The Luxman is no slouch in the build department but I do agree the Accuphase may have a bit more refinement. I hope to own one someday.

When I was shopping for my integrated the Accuphase was significantly more expensive than the Luxman. So in my mind the build quality should be better :)

The Luxman is no slouch in the build department but I do agree the Accuphase may have a bit more refinement. I hope to own one someday.

Exactly, and same here. Even if I have to live off of ramen and generic box mac n' cheese.

Looked at the T-1100 DDS/DSP tuner. Impressive as it is, I did find it rather strange that it does not have any RD(B)S or HD capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom