Acoustat Score

LPD

I traded two KT77's (GEC) for an Acoustat Trans Nova Twin-200. 200 watts per channel, mosfet power!!! Yummy!!! I have been told that my JBL 4333A's will love this power. More will be revealed...

Hey LPD,

Nice Score on the ACOUSTAT TNT 200 ! I remember that amp from my eariler days in Los Angeles. There used to be a Audio shop in Northridge,CA (I think call Northridge Audio) that used to sell Acoustat gear (amoung other things) and I spent a LOT of time in that shop. In fact, I bought a pair of DCM Time Window there. Good luck with the Amp. I am sure your JBL's will love it! Let us know.

SixCats!

Update

Well what an amp. First I had to research a couple noises I was unaware of. It makes a weird hum/whir when powering up which I have been told is natural for amps of this nature. Also makes a crackle like pop when warming up which apparently is the stainless steel chassis inside and is normal.

Now for the good part............

What a tone. It doesn't have the harsh high frequencies my Yamaha CR-1000 does. It sounds smooth and quite detailed and tonnes of power for the JBL's. Haven't taken the volume past 9:00. My next strategy is an active tube gain stage instead of a pre-amp.....I promise dear yes its the last piece of equipment :)

Back
Top Bottom