Acoustic Control Corp model #636.

Here is an updated picture of my Acoustic 636’s.

Attachments

• D591D706-8359-4F7E-B51A-E8DFBBFF6084.jpeg
    D591D706-8359-4F7E-B51A-E8DFBBFF6084.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 71
  • F0CF47D0-5E66-4AE8-80BE-E4D0FC7C5C4C.jpeg
    F0CF47D0-5E66-4AE8-80BE-E4D0FC7C5C4C.jpeg
    78.5 KB · Views: 53
I love these speakers. I have a pair of Acoustic Control 626s that I picked up. I also need an emblem did you ever find one? I could also use some advice on a good speakers to use in them. The one thats in them is decent but not great. It’s not the original speakers.

I love these speakers. I have a pair of Acoustic Control 626s that I picked up. I also need an emblem did you ever find one? I could also use some advice on a good speakers to use in them. The one thats in them is decent but not great. It’s not the original speakers.
Awesome yeah no luck in finding emblems. I don’t know too much in replacement speakers except they are 4 ohm and the woofers have a unique recess to them and if refoamed correctly the foam is suppose to be reversed, meaning it bumps in instead of bumping out, if that makes sense lol

I have owned a set of 636's since the 80's. Just joined up to give you guys a little gift since there is virtually nothing about these online.

Does anyone know if the $496.00 price was each or for a pair?

Enjoy!

Acoustic Control Corp
wc2sKBz.jpg

sV6CyTd.jpg

Last edited:
I have owned a set of 636's since the 80's. Just joined up to give you guys a little gift since there is virtually nothing about these online.

Does anyone know if the $496.00 price was each or for a pair?

Enjoy!

wc2sKBz.jpg

sV6CyTd.jpg
Not sure. But i have that brochure as well. I got it when i bought my Acoustic’s from the original owner. He had them refoamed around 5 years ago. Im guessing its probably for the pair? But if so thats an excellent deal. These speakers are amazing.

Not sure. But i have that brochure as well. I got it when i bought my Acoustic’s from the original owner. He had them refoamed around 5 years ago. Im guessing its probably for the pair? But if so thats an excellent deal. These speakers are amazing.

Actually, I think my memory is coming back and it was probably for each.
I distinctly remember them being very expensive and by no means a deal.

I got them In a trade deal , the price notation was me checking value.
I don't even remember what I gave in trade, I do remember that after I found out what they sold for that I got the better end of the deal.

I have always thought they are amazing too,that's why I will never part with them.
As a former Hot rodder the saying goes "there is no substitute for cubic inches" .
Maybe the same could be said for speakers , there is no substitute for 15" woofers.

Last edited:
Actually, I think my memory is coming back and it was probably for each.
I distinctly remember them being very expensive and by no means a deal.

I got them In a trade deal , the price notation was me checking value.
I don't even remember what I gave in trade, I do remember that after I found out what they sold for that I got the better end of the deal.

I have always thought they are amazing too,that's why I will never part with them.
As a former Hot rodder the saying goes "there is no substitute for cubic inches" .
Maybe the same could be said for speakers , there is no substitute for 15" woofers.
These speakers will never leave me. Im always on the lookout for the 3 other models.

Yeah, they are pricey but he aint lying they are super rare. In fact that's the first time Ive ever seen those.
wish I could hear them.
I wish i could hear them as well. All 4 models are rare. I got lucky finding mine. Like i said, mine bested a set of HPM-100’s with Dayton crossovers. And did it easily. They are so accurate sounding. I wish i could at least find a set of 616’s or 626’s. The 648’s would be amazing and id pay to own a pair though. But ill bet those speakers will pummel you and drive bass like we’ve never heard before. I mean 2 15” woofers per cab!!

OK, I'm new at this can somebody school about this re capping stuff?
Has anyone done the 636's and know what parts to get?

Last edited:
OK, I'm new at this can somebody school about this re capping stuff?
Has anyone done the 636's and know what parts to get?
My Acoustics have the original crossovers in them. I didnt change them because they sound great.

Here is the crossover for the 636

Just talked to a friend that knows electronics and he said just replace the blue one ,the yellow one should be good for life.

DSCN0347.JPG

DSCN0362.JPG

Last edited:
That's so true. I don't understand it either, they don't appear to have anything special but they sound spectacular. I'm thinking maybe its the cabinet design.
Sometimes simplicity is effective i suppose. Im not sure what the crossovers in the 636’s look like but they cant be that much different from the 626’s.

Back
Top Bottom