Acoustic Control Corporation Guitar Amplifiers

davidguilbault

Perusing the Bargain Bins
Hi folks,

Please allow me to woo hoo! I just got an Acoustic Control Corporation G100T-112W (Model 165) tube guitar amp.

ACC%20165.jpg

It sports 4 6L6GC power tubes, 3 12AX7 preamp tubes and a 12AT7 phase inverter.

It is switchable between 100W & 60W, between 4 ohm and 8 ohm, between tube and FET preamp, between clean channel and crunch channel.

It has a five-band equalizer, a boost on the bass knob and a bright on the treble knob. The speaker is an Electro-Voice EVM-12L.

EVM-12L.jpg

I already have four solid-state ACC amps in brown Tolex - a G60-212 (Model 111), two versions of G60-112 (Model 109) and a G20-110 (Model 105).

Acoustic%20Control%20G60-212%20Amplifier%20Front.jpg

Acoustic%20Control%20G60-112%20Amplifier.jpg

Acoustic%20Control%20G20-110%20Amplifier.jpg

They all have the big, heavy Eminence speakers with the square magnets.

Acoustic%20Control%20Eminence%20Speaker.jpg

Eminence%20Cones.jpg

But, this tubed hardwood amp was my Holy Grail. I'm a happy musician tonight. I'm hoping to use this in the Americana band I am forming.

Acoustic%20Control%20G100-212W.jpg

Who else is a user and/or fan of these ACC amps from the Eighties out of Van Nuys, California?

Acoustic%20Control%20Amplifier%20Price%20List.jpg

Hope all is well with you and yours.
Cheers for now.
David.

Last edited:
Those are pretty few and far between...neat design. Hope your neighbors are a "safe distance" from your house :D Congrats!

I've had a few of those brown acoustic solid-state combos over the years, never managed to hang onto one for very long. no offense, theyget their tone and have their admirers/devotees, on of whom was this man, no slouch on geetar:

albert_king.gif

who favored an acoustic model 270 (SS) rig:

albert_king_1977.gif

Don't know if this thread is still active but I just got an Acoustic 165 combo but it came without a speaker and the chassis has been messed with. They put in two cap cans and the don't appear to be wired up properly. The choke has one wire connected to the B+ and the other to the ground on the 40+40 cap can, the on/off switch doesn't fit the rectangular hole and hangs out and there are no tubes. The main filter caps (2-100mfdx300v) were not changed so I have some work to do. Does anyone have some detailed gut shots of how the on/off switch is wired? The rectifier set up I've seen in some of these amps has also been replaced by 4 diodes which appear to be installed correctly. I'm not real good at recreating from a schematic so some good gut shots of the wiring would help a lot.
Thanks in advance!
Dave

I just got an Acoustic 165 combo but it came without a speaker and the chassis has been messed with. ... Does anyone have some detailed gut shots of how the on/off switch is wired? ... I'm not real good at recreating from a schematic so some good gut shots of the wiring would help a lot. Thanks in advance! Dave

Hi Dave. You might go to the Acoustic Control Corporation forum at http://unofficialacousticcontrolcorpmessageboard.yuku.com/directory#.UAtXoMwkjJ6 to see if someone there might be of help. It's not a very active forum, so you might have to wait a few days or even weeks to get a response. But, that's where you will find folks knowledgeable about ACC amps. Cheers. David.

Hi Dave. You might go to the Acoustic Control Corporation forum at http://unofficialacousticcontrolcorpmessageboard.yuku.com/directory#.UAtXoMwkjJ6 to see if someone there might be of help. It's not a very active forum, so you might have to wait a few days or even weeks to get a response. But, that's where you will find folks knowledgeable about ACC amps. Cheers. David.

Thanks for the reply,
I've been there and left a request, then I ran across you post.
Hopefully someone there can help me.
Dave

G60T (Model 162)

The universe is listening. Will soon be adding a G60T (Model 162) tube head to my collection of Acoustic Control Corporation amplifiers. This makes seven in the arsenal - 3 tube and 4 solid state.

G60T%20Model%20162%20Front.jpg

G60T%20Model%20162%20Back.jpg

Hi folks,

Please allow me to woo hoo! I just got an Acoustic Control Corporation G100T-112W (Model 165) tube guitar amp.

ACC%20165.jpg

It sports 4 6L6GC power tubes, 3 12AX7 preamp tubes and a 12AT7 phase inverter.

It is switchable between 100W & 60W, between 4 ohm and 8 ohm, between tube and FET preamp, between clean channel and crunch channel.

It has a five-band equalizer, a boost on the bass knob and a bright on the treble knob. The speaker is an Electro-Voice EVM-12L.

EVM-12L.jpg

I already have four solid-state ACC amps in brown Tolex - a G60-212 (Model 111), two versions of G60-112 (Model 109) and a G20-110 (Model 105).

Acoustic%20Control%20G60-212%20Amplifier%20Front.jpg

Acoustic%20Control%20G60-112%20Amplifier.jpg

Acoustic%20Control%20G20-110%20Amplifier.jpg

They all have the big, heavy Eminence speakers with the square magnets.

Acoustic%20Control%20Eminence%20Speaker.jpg

Eminence%20Cones.jpg

But, this tubed hardwood amp was my Holy Grail. I'm a happy musician tonight. I'm hoping to use this in the Americana band I am forming.

Acoustic%20Control%20G100-212W.jpg

Who else is a user and/or fan of these ACC amps from the Eighties out of Van Nuys, California?

Acoustic%20Control%20Amplifier%20Price%20List.jpg

Hope all is well with you and yours.
Cheers for now.
David.
Hi David,
I just recovered my 1980s era G60 212 amp from an old friend who had "borrowed" it for the last 30 years. It is in mostly good contain but he blew the speakers. Ironically, the reason I bought this amp way back then was because Acoustic had a lifetime warranty no matter what happened to the amp. But they went out of business. Do you have suggestion for replacing them? I think the originals were Celestion 12s, but I do not know for sure. Thank you for your help, and rock on!

Tom

If an "old friend" had returned an amp gone missing 30 years later and with a blown speaker I'd say 'thank you' and than punch him in the face.
I'm sure he knew all along who it belonged to. But all that aside, make sure it's the speaker that's blown before further surgery.
I've had a few deals on amps because of loose connectors and such. Clean and test everything before you replace the speaker.

If an "old friend" had returned an amp gone missing 30 years later and with a blown speaker I'd say 'thank you' and than punch him in the face.
I'm sure he knew all along who it belonged to. But all that aside, make sure it's the speaker that's blown before further surgery.
I've had a few deals on amps because of loose connectors and such. Clean and test everything before you replace the speaker.
That's good advice. The only reason I did not punch him was because he was dead already. The speakers in there are not Celestrions but I think they would make good replacements. I'll let you know how it goes

IMG_0226.JPG IMG_0231.JPG IMG_0230.JPG IMG_0213.JPG IMG_0223.JPG IMG_0225.JPG

Hi everyone, I recently found what I hope to be authentic. It looks and sounds immaculate. The circuitry "looks" pristine and original. The only thing that I found weird aside from the fact that it appears to have been placed in a time capsule and is well preserved, is that the label on the front "Model G60-112" is missing. I sure could use some help in authenticating its production date of 4/81 because if it is not a knock off of some kind which the rep on the phone said could be possible, I have something awesome on my hands. There is no sign that the label was removed, which means a production flaw.

Last edited:
Hi, great site you guys have here, I have just become the owner of an Acoustic G60-212 Model 111 combo, it all seems to work fine however sadly I dont have the footswitch.

The other thing I notice straight away is that the front cover clearly has the wrong covering on it, it has a sort of nasty thin Velour !...Im pretty sure someone here knows what the correct covering should be?...Can I still get it or similar?...

Thank you...

Looks good thanks,,...but I'm in Uk so I need to try and find something Here.

I will check out that other link you posted, many thanks.

Back
Top Bottom