Acoustic foam on amazon?

sansuibutch

I'm looking for opinions on the cheap acoustic foam I see on Amazon. Reading the reviews it sounds like they work good. People complain some are real thin, stating they thought they would break in half before they get them up ahahah but they say they do work very well. Does anybody have any experience with them?

What company makes the foam panels? I bought a framed acoustic panel from ATS Acoustics through Amazon and have been satisfied with the purchase. But I've never used foam acoustic paneling.

Beware, the really cheap stuff might not be any better than everyday packing foam.

What company makes the foam panels? I bought a framed acoustic panel from ATS Acoustics through Amazon and have been satisfied with the purchase. But I've never used foam acoustic paneling.

Beware, the really cheap stuff might not be any better than everyday packing foam.

The ones in the pic are made by foamily. I wasn't necessarily asking about that brand. There seems to be thousands of different kinds on there. I'm just asking about the cheap ones in general.

I bought some from the Foam Factory -
http://www.thefoamfactory.com/acousticfoam/acousticfoam.html

The first bunch I got was great because I bought a regular 50 pack lot.

...Then I bought some discounted lots, that were remnants and discards that were 20% the price.... Don't . Buy the regular stuff.

I don't know if the FF is on amazon, but I bought mine direct. It didn't even smell.

I just checked out that site. Man them are also priced real decent. Maybe even cheaper than the ones I found

The ones in the pic are made by foamily. I wasn't necessarily asking about that brand. There seems to be thousands of different kinds on there. I'm just asking about the cheap ones in general.

I originally dug deep into the research of the acoustic qualities of different shapes, density, thickness, open-cell vs closed cell...etc.

I built an 8X10 room for near-field listening and used the least expensive 2" thick, 2lb density wedge and wave stuff ... and I am quite happy with the results. I have small Cantons in the room, and there is an unquestionable difference with the foam.

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't buy acoustic paneling based on price alone. And, if I were just starting out, I would shop at someplace like Sweetwater, not at Amazon. But it's your money, of course.

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't buy acoustic paneling based on price alone. And, if I were just starting out, I would shop at someplace like Sweetwater, not at Amazon. But it's your money, of course.

I definetly didnt plan on buying it on price alone. The fact is I can see on some sites you can spend thousands on foam for just a little room. I'm not interested in any of that . If some of the cheaper foam works all right I might grab some and give it a try. What makes you think the foam on Sweetwater is superb to some no name cheap stuff? I hope not price alone. Have you done a side by side comparison of said products?

Got this stuff on the Bay and I'm perfectly happy with it. But I'm not the most critical critic around here.

Foamily 12 Pack Acoustic Wedge Soundproofing Panels Studio Foam 1"x12"x12"

In order to provide more flexibility for placement I actually glued it to chipboard panels rather than my actual walls.

Came out to just over a dollar per panel incl shipping. Cheaper if you buy more of course.

... and why wouldn't "everyday packing foam" provide acoustic dampening, and reflection absorption ?

I have used what you posted in the picture in 4 difference spaces with good results.

I've bought several 12 packs from Amazon like the one in your picture am very satisfied with the stuff.I built corner traps and other panels,made me a true beleiver in room treatment.

My winter's project last year was to treat my room with that stuff and some corner traps as well. I used some large sheets of cardboard from walmart and hotglued several panels to them so I could experiment with placement.

Back
Top Bottom