Acoustic Research AR9ls

tonyk

Today I was strolling around the antique mall when I spotted some Realistic Electrostat 2a’s, as I was looking them over I hear guy behind me say “hey, are you into old speakers?”
I told him I was and he proceeds to tell me he has some old speakers he bought new but now the foam is rotten and his wife just wants them out of the living room. He shoots me price just a smidge more than what I was about to pay for the Realistics (cheap).

Me...”what are they?”
Him...AR9ls

Best part, it turns out he lives on the same street I do about five houses down.

While not perfect they are in very nice shape minus the foam.

Now I gotta figure out how to get these heavy things into the house.

8ABE994C-2F98-4B07-95E8-0D6C22450BC4.jpeg 80A24578-5E5E-45E9-B7F9-528D3BA073AD.jpeg E1796C1F-81A7-4A1B-8188-B31C5833DE70.jpeg

:thumbsup:

You may want to check out Classic Speaker Pages - - there have been some threads in that forum recently about this model.

Must have been hard driving them home with all the happy dancing.
tenor.gif

I have a pair of LS9's, and my buddy has a pair of LS9LS like yours. Definitely worth the effort of restoring them. But they do like a lot of power. I am running a Mcintosh MC2125 on my LS9's, and my friend is biamping his LS's with a pair of Mcintosh MC 2105's.

Bill

The irony here is I just sold my EV Interface C's because I wanted to downsize.
Well, I hate to part with them, but as a favor to you, I'll drive down from Detroit with my Design Acoustic PS-10s and exchange them with you for the AR9ls.

Thanks ra.ra, I have perused a couple of threads over there on these, a lot of info for sure.

My friend has 4 of the big dogs that he's refoaming as I type this.they are amazing speakers.
He's got me into AR now.So I have a pair of 2262PS for fronts and using 226PS for rears.

Back
Top Bottom