Acoustic Sounds, Analogue Productions, Quality Record Pressings

4-2-7

Smart Ass
Sponsor
And entrepreneur Chad Kassem, If you don't know it yet this man has been doing big things in the record business. I have been finding that Analogue Productions and Quality Record Pressing have been knocking out some of the best records worldwide. The venerable and now defunct Classic Records used to be the best in my opinion but the shoes have been filled in a big way with Analogue Productions titles. If they have a title you like your done with your search, as you just found the best.

Kassem has been making all the right moves in this business starting his own label, pressing plant and mastering studio.

In this thread I'll start dumping documented information and history. Just this past year alone he bought 13 more presses for QRP and acquired Doug Sax Mastering Lab founder of, Sax and Mayorga, Sheffield Lab Recordings.

I have been trying to also find out a list of titles that where contracted to have QRP produce. Pressing is half the battle for a grate record and just because it doesn't have a Analogue Productions sticker on the cover it could have been pressed at QRP. I have seen that one of the big contracts for QRP was from the Hendrix Family. A lot of the new reissues where pressed there in 200g and so forth, we're talking dead quiet vinyl now. The reason I am bringing this up? Most Analogue Productions titles are pure audiophile that cost an average of $50 a title. However you all might have heard Rush has been doing all new remasters and on 200g vinyl, well I just got Rush: Feedback, and it was done at QRP...$21.98, just got a Cars, S/T yep QRP...$19.98.

Acoustic Sounds, Inc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustic_Sounds,_Inc.
Analogue Productions
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analogue_Productions
Quality Record Pressings
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_Record_Pressings

KCTV 5 Jimi Hendrix - Quality Record Pressings Segments

Quality Record Pressings Hits Paydirt in Chicago

Quality Record Pressings...The Beginning

The Doors Analogue Productions 45rpm Vinyl at Elusive Disc!

Analogue Productions Texas Hurricane Box Set

Amused To Death QRP Promo

Gregg Allman - Laid Back Quality Record Pressings

Ted Nugent Coming Soon

Printing, Plating, Pressing and Packaging The Beach Boys

This is all great stuff. My one thing to add would be for those interested that it's pretty easy to browse around in what QRP has been putting out by going to acousticsounds.com and typing "quality record pressing" in the search box. This yields up a huge list of their very diverse offerings, bound together by the kind of commitments to high standards that get highlighted in the videos above. I'm a cheapskate and so I then choose to sort the mammoth list by lowest price, but you can sort it lots of other ways too.​

Where did you buy Cars S/T at that price? I need to pick one up.

At my local RS, Get this though it's a Rhino record limited translucent blue, I generally avoid Rhino, but it has a QRP sticker on it. I'll test it against the MFSL I have and post what I think.

This is all great stuff. My one thing to add would be for those interested that it's pretty easy to browse around in what QRP has been putting out by going to acousticsounds.com and typing "quality record pressing" in the search box. This yields up a huge list of their very diverse offerings, bound together by the kind of commitments to high standards that get highlighted in the videos above.​

Thanks I'll go check that out...
I do that for AP but didn't think about it for QRP

I generally avoid Rhino

Why? Rhino's been putting out some spectacular vinyl reissues for the past decade, and most are analog-mastered by the likes of Chris Bellman, Bernie Grundman, and the late Doug Sax. The ones I have were pressed at RTI, which is one of the finest pressing plants in the world.

Why? Rhino's been putting out some spectacular vinyl reissues for the past decade, and most are analog-mastered by the likes of Chris Bellman, Bernie Grundman, and the late Doug Sax. The ones I have were pressed at RTI, which is one of the finest pressing plants in the world.
Sorry I mentioned them, if you like them cool, this thread is not here to debate different labels. Out of everything I have posted so far you grabbed four words of my opinion.

The Rhino reissues I have are terrible. Deep Purple "Machine Head" and Black Sabbath "Paranoid" are horrible. Machine Head has greatly diminished treble, and Paranoid was very noisy. Bought locally so no returns. POI that those purchases were around 2010. That's why I buy 80% of my new vinyl from Amazon. Easy NQA returns of turkeys.

The records RTI presses for Mo-Fi are generally wonderful IME.

My one thing to add would be for those interested that it's pretty easy to browse around in what QRP has been putting out by going to acousticsounds.com and typing "quality record pressing" in the search box.
That worked great and I have a ton of titles in my library that I'll mark as being QRP.

So far that I have seen on the list, all the Rush, Hendrix are from them.

At my local RS, Get this though it's a Rhino record limited translucent blue, I generally avoid Rhino, but it has a QRP sticker on it. I'll test it against the MFSL I have and post what I think.

Thanks I'll go check that out...
I do that for AP but didn't think about it for QRP

Thanks for the info - it's not on Amazon but looks like I can pick up a new one on EBay for a pretty good price. It's cheaper than I can get the MFSL release so I think I'll do that.

An expanded version of The Allman Brothers' The 1971 Fillmore East Recordings

Featuring 14 previously unreleased tracks recorded on March 12 and 13!

200-gram gatefold 4 LP set plated and pressed at Quality Record Pressings!

Is QRP work

All the new Rush albums.....are QRP Work

"The Authorized Hendrix Family Editions" with the Orange and Purple sticker, most the stickers say QRP or the full name....QRP work

Looks like they are also repressing the RCA Living Stereo releases, and it looks like they are getting some good press. From what I have seen over the years it appears the majority of AK members are largely rock listeners with a smaller segment of Jazz and a few Classical listeners. Personally when it comes to really hi grade vinyl Classical is where it is needed the most and possibly acoustical solo works, as IMO as those two genres have a real need for really quite background. Its not like your going to hear a little bit of surface noise when Jimmy Hendrix is wailing on the guitar, or Black Sabbath is selling out his soul. The RCA Living Stereo's are getting a bit pricy for more difficult ones to find, so a good repress is an alternative for those people who are not dedicated to owning a early or first pressing.

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/9...njamin_Romantic_Fantasy-200_Gram_Vinyl_Record

Back
Top Bottom