Acoustic Sounds, Analogue Productions, Quality Record Pressings

Discussion in 'Turntables' started by 4-2-7, Jan 16, 2016.

1. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Smart Ass Sponsor Subscriber

Shipping is free for us over $65 in items. You also have a currency rate going against you not to mention the high shipping charges in other countries. Look at eBay UK, most the sales and auction are pickup only because it cost a lot there.

E.Man likes this.
  2. theophile

theophile Pheasant Plucker. Subscriber

Given that and the fact that I don't posses unlimited funds, I choose to select AP's titles that I most want. If I had unlimited funds I'd simply buy everything they release. They have probably never released a mediocre product. Some of what is being released today is the best ever because the quality of the remastering is so excellent. Between Bob Ludwig, Bernie Grundman, Steve Hoffman and the gang at MoFi, we are hearing remastered old favourites as they have never been heard ever. I wish I could buy all of their efforts. As a fan of high level vinyl replay it is sure some exciting times.

The new stuff(from selected personnel) in almost every instance eclipses first release copies which have been hotly sought after and expensive. Now is the time to be buying vinyl gentlemen.

ssmith3046 likes this.
  3. 4-2-7

What does it cost to get one of the $50 AP records to your door?

4. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Super Member

I've been buying from Chad and his crew in Kansas for eight years now and have placed well over a hundred orders. AP is an excellent label and Acoustic Sounds has given me top service. Chad always answers my emails and loves to talk music and records.

Goodfellas likes this.
  5. theophile

Firstly the Aussie dollar is 0.75 of the US at the moment so a $50 record is $63 Aus. Shipping (for let's say 4 records) can amount to $100Aus on top.

6. 4-2-7

7. 4-2-7

If I buy one of their $50 records at my local store it cost me $59 + tax, so around $65 total. I see that shipping gets you though, $25 per record is not very cool at all.

8. theophile

The shipping expense has to be seen that the shipping price in US dollars is proportionately less and that we are on the opposite side of the planet. I wouldn't have to pay any shipping if I picked them up in person. Just a very long swim and walk or conversely a return airfare. Makes the $100 Aus look like good value.

9. E.Man

E.Man Super Member

Good value !! if you've got the money for a hundred buck record each time.
    I've no argument with the quality or Chas' committment, but a hundred bucks a shot doesn't work on the pension.

10. captouch

captouch AK Subscriber Subscriber

I know Hendrix releases have been spoken to earlier, but I was surprised how inexpensive some of them are. I picked up a 2014 Are You Experienced 180g LP today, pressed at QRP, for $12.99 at Fry's. Looked like this:

Hendrix.jpg

Sound quality seems really good.

I wish more QRP pressings of good/classic albums would sell for <$15.

Goodfellas and 4-2-7 like this.
  11. 4-2-7

Eric,
    Evan shared a link to look for QRP and there is another way to do it also.

Go to AS, search Vinyl> All Vinyl> Type in the search box Quality Record Pressing. You suold see over 650 titles. They advertise there pressing work there so you'll find all sorts of records from $19 and up.

12. Bubbalouie

Bubbalouie Active Member

Acoustic Sounds is the only place I buy my vinyl. I have yet to return any for being bad. The best place to buy in my book.

Goodfellas and 4-2-7 like this.