Acoustic Sounds, Analogue Productions, Quality Record Pressings

I just bought my first 2 QRP titles, both SRV. WOW, these really sound good !!!!

Got In Step and Family Style. Now I'm going to have to replace my SRV collection with QRP copies.

I"m a big fan of Norah Jones, but I've never actually heard her sing lol

:smoke:

Ordered Texas Flood 200 Gram box set, I think I have everything he put out on vinyl. I might be missing a couple of the Greatest Hits albums.

EDIT:

I don't have Live in Toyko :(

Ordered Texas Flood 200 Gram box set, I think I have everything he put out on vinyl. I might be missing a couple of the Greatest Hits albums.
Cool witch one did you get? 45speed or the 33.3?

I don't have Live in Toyko :(
I think this one is put out by Music on Vinyl or Music Matters, I'll have to look though.

If you like SRV, you might like Jimmy D. Lane, and he did a recored with Double Trouble that AP put out on 45speed. It's called, It's Time

Two of the three records I recently purchased from Acoustic Sounds have been Quality Record Pressings and they are amazing. Tom Petty, Damn the Torpedoes and The Legend of Johnny Cash. Dead quiet background, the music sounds awesome, they have nice inner sleeves and covers. The only other QRP record I own is the the 45rpm version of Serve You Right to Suffer by John Lee Hooker which is amazing too. So I ordered another four records that will arrive Thursday and three of them are QRP. Another Tom Petty, Full Moon Fever, Dave Brubeck, Time Out 33rpm 200g, and Norah Jones, The Fall. My search criteria on Acoustic Sounds is "Quality Record Pressing".

Two of the three records I recently purchased from Acoustic Sounds have been Quality Record Pressings and they are amazing. Tom Petty, Damn the Torpedoes and The Legend of Johnny Cash. Dead quiet background, the music sounds awesome, they have nice inner sleeves and covers. The only other QRP record I own is the the 45rpm version of Serve You Right to Suffer by John Lee Hooker which is amazing too. So I ordered another four records that will arrive Thursday and three of them are QRP. Another Tom Petty, Full Moon Fever, Dave Brubeck, Time Out 33rpm 200g, and Norah Jones, The Fall. My search criteria on Acoustic Sounds is "Quality Record Pressing".
Your going to love that Dave Brubeck on QRP, it sounds absolutely stunning, I own it on SACD as well and to me the QRP pressing sounds better.

Audiofreak71

Your going to love that Dave Brubeck on QRP, it sounds absolutely stunning, I own it on SACD as well and to me the QRP pressing sounds better.

Audiofreak71

The only other version of Time Out I have is a 24/96 digital version and it can't hold a candle to the QRP version spinning right now. Just wonderful! Dave and the boys are in my living room!

I already played Tom Petty, Full Moon Fever, QRP and it is incredible too! I suppose my neighbors can draw their own conclusion.

I have spent a considerable sum, to me at least, on my stereo and playing good records makes the greatest improvement. Period.

The only other version of Time Out I have is a 24/96 digital version and it can't hold a candle to the QRP version spinning right now. Just wonderful! Dave and the boys are in my living room!

I already played Tom Petty, Full Moon Fever, QRP and it is incredible too! I suppose my neighbors can draw their own conclusion.

I have spent a considerable sum, to me at least, on my stereo and playing good records makes the greatest improvement. Period.
You hit the nail on the head, I'm glad your seeing first hand how good these pressing companies are dishing out excellent pressings of these great artists. When you have spent as much time and money on systems like all of us have we owe it to the systems to play great quality records on them.

Audiofreak71

Last edited:
I have a few dozen APO and QRP records. Each is an absolute treat. Every aspect is first rate.

Still, my fave remains Janis Ian's Breaking Silence - she actually signed my copy after a show years ago. If your system has the goods, this album is a sonic gem.

Along with the three QRP records I bought from Acoustic Sounds I also purchased Chris Stapleton, Traveller. Traveller is not a QRP and it is pretty obvious right off the bat. It sounds very nice but it is missing the depth, clarity and life of the QRP records. That could be for a lot of reasons but I find it interesting QRP did Stapleton's sophomore record.

Another thing is I've been taking some time to optimize the performance of my cartridges that work on my SP-25/Jelco SE-750E combo. I have two MM and one MC phono preamps along with a Cinemag SUT to use in various combos plus all the other variables (alignment, VTA, VTF, anti skate, etc) to mess with. Right now I'm using a standard Denon DL-103 so my impressions of the QRP records is based upon using a conical stylus. It will be interesting to see how my cartridges with more complex stylus shapes resolve the QRP records. The DL-103 is pretty impressive.

Two of the three records I recently purchased from Acoustic Sounds have been Quality Record Pressings and they are amazing.

My search criteria on Acoustic Sounds is "Quality Record Pressing".

You hit the nail on the head, I'm glad your seeing first hand how good these pressing companies are dishing out excellent pressings of these great artists. When you have spent as much time and money on systems like all of us have we owe it to the systems to play great quality records on them.

This is really what it all comes down to with AP, APO and QRP titles, today my older go to Classic Records don't sound as good either when they used to be top dog. At least with the above products you got a very good chance at a quality record.

I do like when buying other brands, labels and pressing plants and getting really good titles. Sometimes it's a big surprise, but all and all I think you get what you pay for. It's just to bad that there is so many great titles and artist that the label is just not doing them justice, pushing out sub par records when you know it can be done a lot better.

Anyway I think today we are really lucky we do have far better records to buy than ever before, even though there is a lot less being pressed than in the old days.

This is really what it all comes down to with AP, APO and QRP titles, today my older go to Classic Records don't sound as good either when they used to be top dog. At least with the above products you got a very good chance at a quality record.

I do like when buying other brands, labels and pressing plants and getting really good titles. Sometimes it's a big surprise, but all and all I think you get what you pay for. It's just to bad that there is so many great titles and artist that the label is just not doing them justice, pushing out sub par records when you know it can be done a lot better.

Anyway I think today we are really lucky we do have far better records to buy than ever before, even though there is a lot less being pressed than in the old days.

Definitely agree. The CCR record blows the original pressing into the weeds. I can actually follow Stu cook's bass lines easily now. :)

Sidenote: I was unhappy with my original pressing of Linda Ronstadt's 'Hasten Down the Wind'. Her voice was way over powered by the band. So, I sprung for a sealed half-speed master copy.
Not one bit better. If the original mix is inferior, unless the multi-track master can be 'fixed', no new pressing is going to help. IMHO.

Whatever the weakest link may be, it is ever the limiting factor. Choose great pressings of great recorded performances. Spring for the best Source component you can stretch your budget to. Once a superlative Source has been secured, all further outlay will either reveal more of the greatness of your Source or conceal the full extent of the Source's ability.

Whatever the weakest link may be, it is ever the limiting factor. Choose great pressings of great recorded performances. Spring for the best Source component you can stretch your budget to. Once a superlative Source has been secured, all further outlay will either reveal more of the greatness of your Source or conceal the full extent of the Source's ability.
Yup.....

+1.

That's too bad. The best CCR has ever sounded on vinyl.
Well the records are still around, it's a AP product and originated there, they stopped making them and sold what they had.

However they have been distributed to other record stores, and in the hands of people that sell records and still sealed or open. If I where you I would start searching for specific titles you want right now, the longer you wait word will get out that the record is out of print. As this happen the price will start to climb so don't wait.

I grabbed the last titles left at one of my record store at their regular price, they will only go up from there.

Like this record is out of print at MFSL and they don't have any but AS dose at the regular price. Before long the price will climb.
Brothers in Arms
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/101496/Dire_Straits-Brothers_In_Arms-45_RPM_Vinyl_Record

Last edited:
I have this original box set sealed, but look what's coming down the pike.

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - The Jimi Hendrix Experience

Label:
Legacy
Genre:
Pop/Rock
Product No.:
ALEG 45541
Availability:
Pre Order
Category:
Vinyl Box Sets

No. of Discs: 8
Coming October 27, 2017

The return of a classic - The Jimi Hendrix Experience "Purple Box" 8LP set

Pressed on 180-gram vinyl at Quality Record Pressings

The Jimi Hendrix Experience legendary "Purple Box," is coming back on wax! Quality Record Pressings is pressing each double album in the 8LP set on 180-gram audiophile vinyl; each comes in album jackets with the original artwork.

ALEG_45541__128900__09152017022159-1724.jpg

Back
Top Bottom