Acoustic Sounds, Analogue Productions, Quality Record Pressings

Speculation and prediction here, The Door's records will be the next complete set to go out of print. The same with Norah Jones as she came out around the same time as CCR.

The CCR and Norah Jones box set sold out long ago and pretty quickly, the single titles are starting to go out of print for both artist.

I just noticed that LA Woman is is now back ordered and if you look at top sellers at AS all the Door's records are in the top 100 records sold.

The box set is also still available at only 2500 numbered copies. Unlike the CCR and Norah boxes, this box is selling slower than the individual titles. I think this is mostly due to the price, five records individually cost around $55 x 5 = $275 and the numbered box is $400. Not to mention you can buy the box with the book for $100 and thats still cheaper than the factory sealed box set. So people decided not to spend $125 for a box, book and gold leaf number.

However, again speculation, what might that do to the price of the 2500 factory numbered boxes when they go out of print?

All I know is, what used to be the best, rarest and most expensive when new, will jump the highest when no longer available and in collector territory.

Well the records are still around, it's a AP product and originated there, they stopped making them and sold what they had.

However they have been distributed to other record stores, and in the hands of people that sell records and still sealed or open. If I where you I would start searching for specific titles you want right now, the longer you wait word will get out that the record is out of print. As this happen the price will start to climb so don't wait.

I grabbed the last titles left at one of my record store at their regular price, they will only go up from there.

Like this record is out of print at MFSL and they don't have any but AS dose at the regular price. Before long the price will climb.
Brothers in Arms
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/101496/Dire_Straits-Brothers_In_Arms-45_RPM_Vinyl_Record
I already own them all. Bought them from Acoustic Sounds as soon as they were released. That's what I meant by its too bad that they're OOP. Acoustic Sounds still have Willy And The Poorboys in limited stock. Looks like that's the last of the 200g CCR. I own the MFSL release and it's a good one!

Last edited:
Thankfully I am noting more and more new artist are releasing on vinyl. Seems for a while here all the record pressers want to do is repress old titles that many of us already have on vinyl, or CD's. When new music comes out I prefer to only have to buy it once, and my choice is vinyl. I know that AP watches this site so I just wanted to get my dig in!

But they still have not pressed Within Temptations "Black Symphony" on Vinyl. I think that would sell out fast.

Thankfully I am noting more and more new artist are releasing on vinyl. Seems for a while here all the record pressers want to do is repress old titles that many of us already have on vinyl, or CD's. When new music comes out I prefer to only have to buy it once, and my choice is vinyl. I know that AP watches this site so I just wanted to get my dig in!

But they still have not pressed Within Temptations "Black Symphony" on Vinyl. I think that would sell out fast.
APO stands for Analogue Productions Originals, meaning they are new artist they sign and new titles they record and press.

Speculation and prediction here, The Door's records will be the next complete set to go out of print. The same with Norah Jones as she came out around the same time as CCR.

The CCR and Norah Jones box set sold out long ago and pretty quickly, the single titles are starting to go out of print for both artist.

I just noticed that LA Woman is is now back ordered and if you look at top sellers at AS all the Door's records are in the top 100 records sold.

The box set is also still available at only 2500 numbered copies. Unlike the CCR and Norah boxes, this box is selling slower than the individual titles. I think this is mostly due to the price, five records individually cost around $55 x 5 = $275 and the numbered box is $400. Not to mention you can buy the box with the book for $100 and thats still cheaper than the factory sealed box set. So people decided not to spend $125 for a box, book and gold leaf number.

However, again speculation, what might that do to the price of the 2500 factory numbered boxes when they go out of print?

All I know is, what used to be the best, rarest and most expensive when new, will jump the highest when no longer available and in collector territory.
The 45 rpm LA Woman is just gorgeous. No it will never be as revealing as the greatest recordings but just on a pure love of this album, this pressing delivers. I've had the original cut out cover for decades and the 45 rpm just retires the original first pressing. This is why I keep saying that we are living in the Golden Age of vinyl right now.

I've had the original cut out cover for decades and the 45 rpm just retires the original first pressing. This is why I keep saying that we are living in the Golden Age of vinyl right now.

I have to agree, when I got these Door's record I'v been telling people if you get them your search is done, you now have the best. I have many many used old Door's pressing that I really just need to sell off now. I did just get a nice complete group of all 5 studio first monarch pressings V++ to E that I'd hang onto for collect ability. However the other 25 or so records that match these can be passed on. BTW (The Door's Live) that was a RSD title 2016 or 2017 was pressed at QRP and is a good quality match for the studio set.

We are in a good time for high quality records and that's not just from AP and QRP. I'm constantly surprised when I open some records and not know how it's going to sound or the chain of manufacturing. When you drop the needle and don't hear anything till the music starts, is testament to the vinyl and pressing quality. Now we listen to the music and hope the mastering is just as good.

I have the Hendrix--Blues, And the Dire Straights--Brothers In Arms. Awesome Pressing and Mastering. Dead quite background

Lots of chatter about the new reissue of Axis: Bold As Love in mono and stereo over on the Hoffman forum. Lots of people trashing it saying stuff like Chad is just doing it for a money grab. Bernie shouldn't be the one mastering it because he makes everything too bright. Eddie shouldn't be allowed to work on the project because he's a terrible recording engineer bla bla bla. I don't agree with any of those statements and am looking forward to hearing them but I will say they're gonna be pricey. It's a real favorite of mine though.

Last edited:
Lots of chatter about the new reissue of Axis: Bold As Love in mono and stereo over on the Hoffman forum. Lots of people trashing it saying stuff like Chad is just doing it for a money grab. Bernie shouldn't be the one mastering it because he makes everything too bright. Eddie shouldn't be allowed to work on the project because he's a terrible recording engineer bla bla bla. I don't agree with any of those statements and am looking forward to hearing them but I will say they're gonna be pricey. It's a real favorite of mine though.
Axis is definitely not a ultra high quality basis for a UHQR.

Curious if anyone has experience with this:

I have a noisy Analogue Productions record purchased some time ago from barnesandnoble.com and have held onto it because I thought an ultrasonic cleaning would clear it up. Finally got my ultrasonic setup going, but turns out it didn't get any better. I should have returned it right away instead of thinking it would get better after a deep cleaning, but in any case, the return/exchange window is well past.

I already sent a email to acousticsounds to see if they'll send a replacement record if I sent them mine. No response yet.

Has anyone had a bad Analogue Productions pressing purchased from another retailer and been taken care of by the manufacturer? Just trying to set my expectations realistically.

Curious if anyone has experience with this:

I have a noisy Analogue Productions record purchased some time ago from barnesandnoble.com and have held onto it because I thought an ultrasonic cleaning would clear it up. Finally got my ultrasonic setup going, but turns out it didn't get any better. I should have returned it right away instead of thinking it would get better after a deep cleaning, but in any case, the return/exchange window is well past.

I already sent a email to acousticsounds to see if they'll send a replacement record if I sent them mine. No response yet.

Has anyone had a bad Analogue Productions pressing purchased from another retailer and been taken care of by the manufacturer? Just trying to set my expectations realistically.

Well, to close the loop on this, no, they will not offer a replacement/exchange for their product if purchased from another retailer (or if beyond their 30-day window even if purchased from acousticsounds.com). They did offer to replace just the record for $23.50 shipped, but I refuse to pay for the same record twice.

Back
Top Bottom