Acoustic Sounds, Analogue Productions, Quality Record Pressings

This might be of interest here?
A little blast from AP's past. I can't seem to pinpoint a year of release, but it appears to be from the mid to later 90's(?).
I called AS about it, but their database did not show any info from this earlier series.
The amount of detail on the rear cover I find impressive.
3wdlbj0.jpg

P0GNiDj.jpg

9GiHnd7.jpg

Acoustic sounds is having a 15% off sale right now too that actually includes analog productions titles which is usually excluded

So tempted to just buy all 6 doors titles since the box is backorderdd but the individual are avail

Just bought a handful of records from Acoustic Sounds including " Come to Find" by Doug MacLeod. Check out the detail in the cover notes. Wish every record was as clear about the sources, equipment and personnel involved!

IMG_20180630_230944_hdr.jpg

Sounds great.

I got two titles on back order. Love their quality, but the shipping to Canada is killer! Not to mention the dollar exchange! $35 bucks shipping for those two!

Dan, I haven't read every post here. no grudges against AP. But, shipping can be a deal breaker, for anyone.

Dan, I haven't read every post here. no grudges against AP. But, shipping can be a deal breaker, for anyone.
12 post on this one page about shipping started by you and bickering back and forth about it.
Under a $85 purchase one gets charged shipping.
Over a $85 purchase one gets free shipping.

If one wants free shipping it's easy to get, save your pennies and make a bigger order. Going over $85 is not hard to do online, and it makes it worth it to the seller to pack a box and ship it out.

Hell you even see me selling records by the box loads because I'm not going to be bothered selling a couple $5.00 titles, spending my time packing and getting them to the post office.

I get my records locally, a $50 AP title cost me $59 in the store. I gladly pay it, the store would not be there without support and profit.

This nickel and dimming attitude in america has made China rich, online stores like Amazon rich. All the while stepping all over local stores, local jobs and state taxes.

Are we done complaining about shipping cost? or not wanting to spend $85? and first world problems?

A update on a couple things I noticed, The Doors records like Strange Days, S/T , LA Woman were all out of stock/back order. Normally this is because the production run is done and over with, Out Of Print. They still had a few other titles and the box set that a lot of people decided not to buy because it was a $100 box and book up charge. Anyway it looks like they have started another run of Doors titles and now I see all the box sets are gone. So a couple things, either they are not going to hold production numbers down and let the titles go out of print. They made a false scarcity so people will start buying the box sets to get the titles. Or they cracked open the boxes to supply the titles. Personally I think with their reluctance to number their titles, they will keep pressing if the records are selling....Not good IMHO!!

So tempted to just buy all 6 doors titles since the box is backorderdd but the individual are avail

Please read my comment above, you might want to act sooner than later. I'm selling off all my old first press Doors because they are not needed, well unless you rather have 33.3 rpm to save flipping time.

12 post on this one page about shipping started by you and bickering back and forth about it.
Under a $85 purchase one gets charged shipping.
Over a $85 purchase one gets free shipping.

If one wants free shipping it's easy to get, save your pennies and make a bigger order. Going over $85 is not hard to do online, and it makes it worth it to the seller to pack a box and ship it out.

Hell you even see me selling records by the box loads because I'm not going to be bothered selling a couple $5.00 titles, spending my time packing and getting them to the post office.

I get my records locally, a $50 AP title cost me $59 in the store. I gladly pay it, the store would not be there without support and profit.

This nickel and dimming attitude in america has made China rich, online stores like Amazon rich. All the while stepping all over local stores, local jobs and state taxes.

Are we done complaining about shipping cost? or not wanting to spend $85? and first world problems?
Normally I just ignore your rants. But man are you spot on here.

And Dans rant was aimed at me. Don't mind at all paying premium prices but it doesn't cost 30$ to ship a few LP's. My wife and I buy American whenever possible so bag on someone else
Yes it was, and it doesn't cost $30 to ship a couple titles in the US if you can't spend over $85. If it was you still have the option of asking for media mail or spending the added shipping cost on more record to put you over to get free shipping. A business doesn't want to use media mail because the shipping is only covering one direction. If the address is wrong or can't find the right person at the address it gets returned to the shipper. But this return is not free, if the shipper wants the package back they have to pay for the return shipping. As far as shipping over borders and the cost, that's on the county of origin not AS. If I use media mail here it's around $3-$4 for a couple thin records anywhere in the US. When that same package goes over the border in Canada it's $16+, then another disclaimer form needs to be made out for Canada.

Now as far as crapping all over my long standing thread witch has tons of valuable info and factory support is not going to happen any further. Drop it here or start your own gripe thread, have your post removed and be blocked from further comments. I have nothing against you but I would like for a little respect of my wishes.

I don't mind for a little balance of opinions as to the companies service and the quality of there products. However a page full of whining about shipping cost for purchases under $85 in the US is absurd. Especially considering all the fine packaging I'v seen AS use, it's bomb proof and cost a pretty penny for them to pack records right.

Last edited:
I agree the shipping costs posts went on too long, yet in the opening statement prices for titles were quoted, shipping is part of the cost.
I see it as no more of an off topic than showing new non AS gear?:)
It is always good to know where one can acquire these fine pressing at the best overall cost.
When the title is not exclusive, I find it overall cheaper to acquire QRP goods from sources other than AS.
As a side note, AP charges $20 shipping for box sets (well, on my UHQR they did), while MoFi one steps have free shipping. Just different philosophies I guess?
And a very happy 4th to all!!!!
:beerchug:

As an update on the 4 releases purchased from AS, they all sound great as expected, however the Macy Gray is exceptionally great. What a fantastic recording and highly recommended. :music:
That Macy record is fantastic! Got it as a Christmas gift from the wife - just getting around to listening to it... WOW, is all I can say... Highly recommended!

Back
Top Bottom