Acoustic Sounds Has a 50% off Sale. I Went Hog Wild!

I'm on team "Jazz is selling fine, 45s aren't selling well." I may pick up a Dexter Gordon album coz that stuff can be hard to find in the wild. But damn I do hate getting up so often to flip sides. If there were more jazz 33s for sale, I'd wonder if the genre overall is not popular. But nearly all the jazz titles on sale are the 45s.

That is what I was thinking. The increased cost for the double LP 45's and the customer might not think the slightly improved SQ is worth the inconvenience of having to keep getting up to flip sides and change LP's, not to mention double LP's take up more room on the shelves. For some that storage issue might not mean a lot but I can tell you for someone with a lot of vinyl having somewhere to put and find it when you want to listen to a particular LP is a consideration. For the most part with as much LP's as I have and box sets if I want to listen to a particular LP chances are I wouldn't be able to find it. I just listen to ones that are easy to access at the time. Or when I start digging thru some shelve I will pull out some that look interesting as that is easier than trying to find a specific one.

So I picked up a few more titles:

Lori Lieberman / Gun Metal Sky
Jimmy Witherspoon & Ben Webster / Roots
Hank Mobley / Peckin' Time
Lou Donaldson / The Time Is Right
Dizzy Reece / Soundin' Off
Duke Jordan / Flight to Jordan
Shakey Jake / Mouth Harp Blues
Illinois Jacquet / Swing's The Thing

Regards
Mister Pig

I'm on team "Jazz is selling fine, 45s aren't selling well." I may pick up a Dexter Gordon album coz that stuff can be hard to find in the wild. But damn I do hate getting up so often to flip sides. If there were more jazz 33s for sale, I'd wonder if the genre overall is not popular. But nearly all the jazz titles on sale are the 45s.
I have to disagree again, I'm very familiar with all the AP records and most those Jazz titles have been reissued by them years ago and haven't gone out of print yet. In fact the majority are prior to being pressed at their own pressing plant Quality Record Pressing witch opened in 2010. They are the Kevin Gray and Steve Hoffman masterings called AcousTech, and pressed at RTI and licenced for reissue by AP.

AP now does mostly all there own mastering and pressing of their AP titles. Popular music that they did in 45 RPM like The Doors, Norah Jones, CCR and others are out of print or extremely close in a few short years.

You can look at my thread on them here
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....-productions-quality-record-pressings.698195/

By the way guy's please post your goodies in my thread and weigh in on them when you get a chance to listen to them.

Last edited:
I love the mastering of that company. I just received their new catalog. Bought a Hendrix and Dire Straight record from them. Beautiful recordings. The now do their own Pressing in house.

So I picked up a few more titles:

Lori Lieberman / Gun Metal Sky
Jimmy Witherspoon & Ben Webster / Roots
Hank Mobley / Peckin' Time
Lou Donaldson / The Time Is Right
Dizzy Reece / Soundin' Off
Duke Jordan / Flight to Jordan
Shakey Jake / Mouth Harp Blues
Illinois Jacquet / Swing's The Thing

Regards
Mister Pig

One of mine includes the Dizzy Reece. I've never heard of him, but from the sound samples I'm going to be thrilled to have the record.

Order shipped. I'm excited.

Nat King Cole/ St. Louis Blues
The Three Sounds/ Bottom's Up
Dizzy Reece/ Soundin' Off
Hank Mobley/ Workout
Lee Morgan/ The Sidewinder
Ella Fitzgerald/ Clap Hands, Here Comes Charlie
Duke Ellington/ Johnny Hodges/ Side By Side
Coleman Hawkins/ Coleman Hawkins & His Confreres
Wynton Kelly Trio/ Wes Montgomery/ Smokin At The H

Thanks for that. I just sent an email to them to switch to media mail as I did not see that option when I placed my order. Hopefully they can change and provide partial refund. I would have ordered more if I knew shipping could be cheaper.

Acoustic Sounds have great customer service. They agreed to send media mail and refunded $12.

I picked up Dexter Gordon/ Dexter Calling. I've got an AP copy of Kenny Dorham's Whistle Stop from a while back ago and it sounds great. I"ll report back on the SQ on the Dexter Gordon once it gets here.

UPDATE: They also accommodated my request to go media mail. That's a nice option for when I just want one or two albums. I'll remember that - will probably help me buy from that site more often.

Last edited:
My order arrived! Hmmm which one to listen to first this evening???

AnalogProductions_order.jpg

Last edited:
Mine arrived as well, but I have been busy at work. I will open and get the cleaned up ASAP hopefully this weekend!!!

Anyone get the Sonny Sitt, Blows the Blues. If so is your copy warped. Mine is pretty bad:(, but the other two delivered are fine.

Anyone get the Sonny Sitt, Blows the Blues. If so is your copy warped. Mine is pretty bad:(, but the other two delivered are fine.
No. I didn't order hat one. I'll keep a lookout for potentially warped in mine. Thanks.

Mine came and disc one has a slight warp to my eye, I’ll get it on the table and see how bad it is . From what it looks like to my eye it should track fine

Mine came late last week. Just one LP (Lee Morgan Sidewinder 2 x 45rpm), which I havent played yet and 2 CDs. Wish I had bought more actually. Those were great prices!

Mine came and disc one has a slight warp to my eye, I’ll get it on the table and see how bad it is . From what it looks like to my eye it should track fine

Both mine were pretty bad but Acoustic Sounds are sending out replacements. They confirmed that they have had only a very tiny amount of issues with Analog Productions (and I believe them as they are great quality pressings) but the odd one does sometimes slip through the QC net.

Outstanding customer service and a credit to the vinyl industry.

I had one album with a warp, but two albums had some serious low end hits to my subwoofer...it's unenjoyable for listening it happens so much in one album (Nat King Cole). Things like plosives in the mic and who knows what else. I thought maybe it was my system, but I took Nat Kong Cole album to my friend's house who had a nice set up, though no subwoofer, and I heard the same, just not as deep. I should call AS about this, perhaps for an exchange or refund. Everything else sounded great though (of my 9 albums ordered) - Workout was fantastic.

I do not however enjoy the 45rpm aspect. The side is done much too quickly. Lesson learned. I don't regret the purchases though.

Back
Top Bottom