Acoustic Yamaha red label 180 guitar

Discussion in 'Musical Instruments' started by Quadman2, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

Was wondering how rare the Yamaha red label 180 guitar is?

Have had it from the start, played some neck chords along the way, but never got into it.

Curious.

Q

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

No Yammy people on board?

Q

3. louisjames

louisjames The "real" Louis James Subscriber

Not particularly rare but a nice Made in Japan guitar that many players really like and which many agree has tone and playability well over what they originally cost. Then again Yamaha has always given good value for the $. They used to be pretty cheap but have gone up in past years as the hype around them continues. If you look on Reverb you can get an idea of pricing. Just doing a quick Google search show a range of used prices from a couple of bills to over a grand.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  4. Farmhand

Farmhand Super Member

I played a Yamaha FG-340 for many years and loved the sound of it wiith medium gauge phosphor bronze strings. Eventually it started to cave in on itself so I traded it for something else.
    Also had a Yamaha electric, a Pacifica tele-shaped brownburst with a pair of humbuckers. Gave it a proper setup and it played like a dream...that's one that got away.
    Well, they both are.

5. Mystic

Mystic We're all born mad

6. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

Thanks for the feedback.:thumbsup: As in another thread, trying to figure out to do. The sound it does put out which is well shared in the clips is so crisp and loud. Like one other thread, considering going with a really different instrument... the blues harp.

Will put info to use.

Q

Please register to disable this ad.

7. Mystic

If you can get yer blues harp on and Imean really "on", then as the song goes, 'mister you're a better man than I'. I have owned probably a dozen (mouth) harps, pentatonic, chromatic, and a few oddball tunings, and gotta say it's an instrument I could simply not hang with long enough to control in even rudimentary fashion, much less master. Good luck w/ yer blues harp project!

cratz2 likes this.
  8. Mystic

^^^ P.S. and especially so in attempting to blow harp in the "handless" fashion of Dylan, Neil, and a few of the older Blues cats. And then there's that monster player from Blues Traveller... the "Michael Schenker of mouth harp" perhaps? He's just tremendous, even outplays (IMO) Magic Dick (J.Geils).

cratz2 likes this.