Action/Crime from the 70s and 80s?

My Dad had (and still has) one of those recliner rocker chairs and used to nod off during any movie.

Only one that I saw him watch the whole way trough was Chuck Norris , "The Octagon."

^^ Johnno that sounds just like my dad. He would nod off usually with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. If you tried changing channels he would wake with "hey I am watching that". I learned to slowly lower the volume change channels then slowly raise the volume.

The Driver (1978) by the great Director Walter Hill (what a great string of movies he made in mid 70's) ... staring Ryan O"Neal & Bruce Dern .... cat & mouse game between a Detective (Dern) who breaks the rules and a professional get away driver (O'Neal).

One side note: Steve McQueen turned down this role of the driver ... the role of "stoic" Driver almost appears to have been written for Steve McQueen.

Last edited:
I still intend to purchase Assault on Precinct 13 on DVD or blu one of these days; I watched it as a Saturday afternoon movie on local TV 20+ years ago, and I loved it.

I have always been more into the intellectual side of crime fighting. Barnaby Jones and Columbo are mainstays for me after all of these years, and I got hooked on Quincy, M.E. a couple of years ago when Netflix was showing it.

I still intend to purchase Assault on Precinct 13 on DVD or blu one of these days; I watched it as a Saturday afternoon movie on local TV 20+ years ago, and I loved it.

Great John Carpenter film ... loved the character of NAPOLEON WILSON played by Darwin Jostin. Jostin was Carpenters neighbor at the time. He changed the character of Napoleon Wilson to match Jostins subtle sense of humor. He should have gotten bigger roles after this movie ... but it never happened. :(

:banana: :banana: :banana:

vanishing-point-poster-13878-1310664299-15.jpg
THAT is an incredible movie.... with the "SUPER-DRIVER of the "Golden West" :naughty:

image.jpg

Picked this up the other day has 2 episodes on it. I have watched one episode so far very entertaining show. I would like to get the whole series.

How about this TV show: Crime Story. I came across this on Youtube. OMG... what an amazing show!!! :D

"Crime Story" was great....it introduced us to Dennis Farina, Anthony Denison, John Santucci, and Andrew Dice Clay (!). And they gave it the perfect timeslot, right after "Miami Vice", two good shows back-to-back....

Ronald1973 said:

I love it also... I have the first VHS release in 1978 on VHS ..... Cant believe I forgot to mention this one!

Back
Top Bottom