Active Child (Pat Grossi) on tour, pls check him out!

baco99

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I had the chance to see Pat Grossi and his band Active Child last Thursday at the Boston Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA) and it was an incredible performance despite the sleepy crowd and very formal setting. This was the second time I've seen Active Child. The first time was at the Brighton Music Hall in Boston: a very different venue.

I have to say I really enjoyed the ICA show, probably more than the Brighton show. The acoustics in the theater at the ICA were far superior. You could hear every nuance, every inflection and every intention.

If you are unfamiliar with Active Child, I hope you will check them out. Pat Grossi is the front man, a tall, slender ginger with an enchanting falsetto. He sings 90% of his work in his falsetto and it's quite special. He's also a classically trained pianist and a masterful harpist. Layered on top of these classical roots are electronically enhanced syncopated rhythms, brooding bass lines, and close harmonies. All four in the group are superb musicians.

This genre of music is not for everyone, but the way it bridges the gap between modern trance, love ballad lyrics and classical "layering" is something very unique. There's something about Pat's vocal that draws you in and won't let go.

Finally, Pat's a super nice and approachable guy. He himself manned the sales booth after the show and was more than willing to chat with fans, new and old.

I highly encourage anyone who's looking for something unique and musical to check out Active Child. Songs can be found on iTunes, steamed on Soundcloud or Spotify, or available on vinyl from Kings Road Records. Like them on Facebook too! And check out the tour dates!!!

Cheers.
Baco99

Opening group, Low Roar warming up the crowd at the ICA.
a10ebedd15356ea1ef624471d1d8a07d.jpg

Getting mystical
2c1d2e6c9d595956d2d3224cc0e69499.jpg

fc0a396da3e79a5f8eaf7f8ae261f6c4.jpg

Pat Grossi and my autographed limited cut orange EP!
d4d59c1d17426aa1bd0086cfd1e995aa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom