Ad Banner at top and/or bottom of page causing problems?

Ron/Dan - Just installed Ghostery. Hoping for some relief. What a disappointment that AK is the only site that I have this issue at. Now I have more baggage on my browser... and not a peep from any one of the administrators.

Last edited:
The ads are coming from an outside source via JavaScripts that AK dropped into their source code, I doubt there is anything they can do other than removing the ad scripts. If I was running this site, I would allow subscribers to bypass the ad scripts while giving non subscribers a reason to subscribe.

Ron/Dan - Just installed Ghostery. Hoping for some relief. What a disappointment that AK is the only site that I have this issue at. Now I have more baggage on my browser... and not a peep for any one of the administrators.

Seems to be working much better now Mike, I blocked everything Ghostery was showing that was running

Wow guys, just a suggestion here. People expressed concern over a third party software so I offered an alternative. One that I use and works well. Calm down
No biggie here moe. :)

Was just the way your post was framed made it seem you thought Ghostery was more of a hassle. They are both browser extensions (software). Ad Block works and yer happy. We all happy. ;)

I'm getting really really burnt out on the speed of this site since whatever add package has been forced on us.

I don't get it, members keep complaining yet we hear nothing from staff

I have very fast powerful computers and internet, but now on this site I'm subjected to archaic speeds and during high traffic can take 30 second page changes. But that's not the end of it, sometimes I can't post, or the page jumps around to the top or bottom add. I'v even had clicked the mouse in a comment box and it jumps to the add and navigates to that site.

It's like I'm being FORCED to click bate another sales site, and I shouldn't have to add crap to block adds in my computer to accesses the site.

If the site needs more money start charging for memberships. I try to do my part but feel I put out a lot and then the site still need to go else where to support it's self. If I have to keep dealing with feeling like I'm an add target for spammers corrupting my computer, do you think I'll want to keep spending money to support the site?

Page jumps around, can't type a post, page loading very very slow, no one here cares that member keep complaining about it. When I'm on this site I feel like my computer has a virus, this is a huge sham indeed. All for adds no one cares about, needs or otherwise, it's getting so bad Im thinking of not even posting at all to tell the truth.

Page jumps around, can't type a post, page loading very very slow, no one here cares that member keep complaining about it. When I'm on this site I feel like my computer has a virus, this is a huge sham indeed. All for adds no one cares about, needs or otherwise, it's getting so bad Im thinking of not even posting at all to tell the truth.
Yup.

I too am very surprised that this issue (dating back to 2012) goes unacknowledged, especially of late. Be ensign, first mate, or captain of AK... all is quiet on the home front. :idea::(

Last edited:
Yup.

I too am very surprised that this issue (dating back to 2012) goes unacknowledged of late. Be ensign, first mate, or captain of AK... all is quiet on the home front. :idea::(
I'm talking about a very new issue, sure we'v had others in the past but this is new. In fact coming to this post form the alert, and looked at your link linked page, I had to kill the page twice because it froze. Unresponsive, would you like to wait or kill the page? WTF, Every week it's getting harder and harder to navigate and post and it started around the first of the year.

...and back to the ad banners causing slow loading and bombing attempts to post. Same Adobe problems and also blowing up size of memory usage.

Comes and goes for me . If I cancel the ads at the top and bottom , no problems . If I don't , can't type or post .

Back
Top Bottom