ADC PSX-A Cartridge

I asked my question stupidly, but you guys backstopped me gracefully. I do wish there was an alternative p-mount headshell for the ubiquitous SME-type curved arm. Does anyone know of such a thing?

The Technics SL-M1 and M2 ( European export model ?) had such a headshell.

Seldom seen for sale. :idea:

I had assumed that the p-mount headshell that came with the s-arm versions of the SL-M1 and SL-M2 was the SH-80S. Is that not the case?

I had assumed that the p-mount headshell that came with the s-arm versions of the SL-M1 and SL-M2 was the SH-80S. Is that not the case?

I can't confirm it but I believe that to be the case. The photos of it appear to be very similar to, if not identical to, the SH-80S.

John

Yes, I have not seen another attempt-- that is, by anyone other than Technics-- to make a T4P headshell for curved arms. Straight arms, yes. Both boreas and I have them for our Pioneer "polymer graphite" arms. Then there's the one Yamaha made for some of their straight-arm models; it can also be used in place of any "ADC-style" headshell.
For curved arms I'd like to see something carbon-fibery and notably lightweight, somewhat on the order of the ADC Integra. Well, I can dream.

Last edited:
By the way, if you find a PSX/SER stylus with a cracked grommet, like this..
showing cracked grommet-b.jpg
..don't be put off, especially if the asking price is low. I had a grommet that looked like this on a PSX-40, and it played okay as-was, but after a quick Rawn treatment (yes, I'm repeating myself; see post #45) on both front and rear, the grommet softened and functioned normally, with a much-improved low end. Looks horrible, sounds great.

Back
Top Bottom