ADC ZLM Improved ?

Chrisxo55441

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Ok this NOS ADC ZLM Standard Improved cartridge was included with a NOS Technics SL 1700mk2 that i bought. I had never heard of it and it certainly wasnt even on my radar. I have 25 other carts and need another like a hole in the head. im tryng to decide between selling it NOS to someone who would appreciate it more than me or mounting it and seeing how this table/cart combo was originally intended. i wouldnt expect it to compare to my MC carts which are my favorites now, but how would it compare to some of my favorite MM AT 150mlx - Shure V15 xmr/sas Ortofon 2M Bronze/Black ? does it have a similar sound to any other carts or is it something unique that i shouldnt pass up?
thanks for any input
Chris
ZLM.jpg 20180213_083432.jpg 20180213_081927.jpg

You're not the least bit curious? It's a 40 year old cartridge; at least try it to make sure the suspension is still good. Let your own ears decide it you like it.

Assuming it has survived the years in good condition, it's a very good cartridge. Whether you'll like it, what it sounds like and how it compares to other cartridges you like are questions no one but you can satisfactorily answer.

John

You're not the least bit curious? It's a 40 year old cartridge; at least try it to make sure the suspension is still good. Let your own ears decide it you like it.

i am curious very curious but im thinking that someone would rather buy it NOS than slightly used and like i said i dont really need another cartridge and know nothing about it, maybe there is someone who loves this cart and would be thrilled to find a NOS one like me with the 1700 mk2 its my favorite table and i already had 2 but i could not resist this one and it is SWEET!!! I guess im trying to find out if generally if this considered an average cartridge or good or great and not really if i would like it or not but what others think of it. i know i consider my 150mlx a great MM cartridge and ive seen quite a few posts and reviews where others do to so i would think it is generally considered a great cartridge. do you think keeping it unused would make it more appealing to buy? or it doesnt matter.

20180216_160511 (800x450).jpg

i am curious very curious but im thinking that someone would rather buy it NOS than slightly used and like i said i dont really need another cartridge and know nothing about it, maybe there is someone who loves this cart and would be thrilled to find a NOS one like me with the 1700 mk2 its my favorite table and i already had 2 but i could not resist this one and it is SWEET!!! I guess im trying to find out if generally if this considered an average cartridge or good or great and not really if i would like it or not but what others think of it. i know i consider my 150mlx a great MM cartridge and ive seen quite a few posts and reviews where others do to so i would think it is generally considered a great cartridge. do you think keeping it unused would make it more appealing to buy? or it doesnt matter.

View attachment 1116255
Considering the age of the cartridge, I would feel more comfortable if was tested to insure nothing had degraded rather than buying an unused 40 year old cartridge.

Considering the age of the cartridge, I would feel more comfortable if was tested to insure nothing had degraded rather than buying an unused 40 year old cartridge.
the cantilever has plenty of spring in it but if i decide to sell it i will give the the buyer the option as is or have me verify it working

The ZLM is a good cartridge. There are many styli available for it all the way up to Aliptic ( Shibata ).
I am not sure what the standard stylus was. Need @wualta to chime in here. Hint Hint.

Back
Top Bottom