added? resistors in a C26 preamp? HELP!

jeffV

ron v c26.jpg

Are these resistors supposed to be there? and why is 1 wire to each disconnected?
is this the " noise interference" mod that is listed in the service manual for this unit?

Should I be re-connecting these?

They drop the output of your amp to run the C26's headphone jack.

Noise issue modifications are elsewhere.

View attachment 960793

Are these resistors supposed to be there? and why is 1 wire to each disconnected?
is this the " noise interference" mod that is listed in the service manual for this unit?

Should I be re-connecting these?

Hi Jeff B...

The C-26 resistors are part of the speaker/headphone operation and are totally separate from other circuitry in the C-26.

The C-26 has 4 high power resistors in its circuitry. Two are 16 ohm-10 Watt (R-203 and R-204). The other two are 100 ohm-5 Watt (R-201 and R-202). The 100 ohm resistors are series limiting resistors which feed the headphone jack providing a load to the power amplifier when the speaker switch is off and if someone removes the headphone load. The two 16 ohm-10 watt resistors are used, across the speaker, amplifier input providing a load for the power amplifier output should the speakers, both main and remote, be turned off, as well as no load present at the headphone jack.

These high power resistors should be connected if you are going to use the C-26's Speaker/output matrix.

Hope this is of some help.

Mark
McIntosh Service Center.

Hi Jeff B...

The C-26 resistors are part of the speaker/headphone operation and are totally separate from other circuitry in the C-26.

The C-26 has 4 high power resistors in its circuitry. Two are 16 ohm-10 Watt (R-203 and R-204). The other two are 100 ohm-5 Watt (R-201 and R-202). The 100 ohm resistors are series limiting resistors which feed the headphone jack providing a load to the power amplifier when the speaker switch is off and if someone removes the headphone load. The two 16 ohm-10 watt resistors are used, across the speaker, amplifier input providing a load for the power amplifier output should the speakers, both main and remote, be turned off, as well as no load present at the headphone jack.

These high power resistors should be connected if you are going to use the C-26's Speaker/output matrix.

Hope this is of some help.

Mark
McIntosh Service Center.

Thanks for the explanation, this c26 is being used with a MR-77 tuner, and a MC-250 amplifier. I plan on hooking speakers up directly to the 250's speaker terminals.
Would I need to re-connect the wires that are currently disconnected in this case?

Electrically, probably wouldn't hurt, but for the sake of Cosmetics, should you want to sell it, would make it Factory wired.

Mark
McIntosh Service Center

Back
Top Bottom