adding veneer to pioneer hpm 100

Vinyl Seance

listens to doom loud
I always liked pioneer for its looks and good sound. I thought that the hpm's sounded great but always defaulted to the cs series because they had looks and alright sound ( but not as great as hpm's). I eventually folded in and got some hpm's and i love them to death and since i just recently scored a second pair off craigslist I am making them part of the main house rig ( Cs 99a's and cs 88a's are moving up to the office rig). I want to show off the speakers so no grill cloth but now i got the ugly painted black fiberboard to look at. Why did pioneer do this? Anyway im putting veneer on it then reinstalling speakers, i started tonight and i think its looking pretty cool.....i cant wait to put the polyurethane! Here are some picks...

Attachments

• photo 1 (65).JPG
    photo 1 (65).JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 166
  • photo 2 (66).JPG
    photo 2 (66).JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 198
Wow. That's a great Idea. I also have the HPM's and love them but the black is definitely an eye sore. I might have to add this to the project "list". Nice...

Black can be a plus if you have black furniture in the media room like I do. mine look pretty good w/out the covers and in black. I agree though the covers off is a better look. Your look great!

Nice work...sweet idea...I love my HPM-100's but have grown to dislike the aluminum visually. I have often thought of painting them flat black but never had the stones to do it...

Now thats using your head. They look nice. My covers never seem to stay on.

Good Job:thmbsp:

Cool! How did you make the cuts on the veneer? Did you source it online? I'm likely going to have to reveneer mine altogether and have found a few suppliers... any advice for application of veneer?

Very nice!

I'm actually surprised I haven't seen anyone try this alteration, but I think it looks fantastic! Great job on those. :thmbsp:

Wow - great job! Same question as above - where did you get the veneer? Man, those look good.

Back
Top Bottom