Adopting Families for the Holidays 2012

Ms Grumpy

Administrator
Admin
Super Mod
Subscriber
Can you believe it, it is that time of year again. A time when many members of Audiokarma open their hearts, and audio collections, to help others in need by participating in the Adopting Families for the Holidays on AK.

Last year we helped over 25 families have a Christmas, and donated funds to provide over 1,500 meals to the hungry. We purchased presents, gift cards and food to make sure that our adopted families woke up Christmas morning to gifts under the tree, and had a warm meal in their belly on Christmas evening.

I take the time to call each and every family and see what they "need" and what they "want". Some of the families have needs, like winter coats and boots for their kids. Some have wants, a mother wanted new pots and pans so she could cook for her family. I take the time to get to know them, and make sure that your donations are going to a great family. Sometimes it just takes knowing someone cares, to help a family through some tough times.

If you are unfamiliar with what we do let me explain the need for this forum. As some of you may know, Audiokarma has adopted many families in the past. We do this every holiday season to provide for the many less fortunate families. One of the things that many members like to do is sell or auction off items for the families, and we created this forum specifically for those auctions.

Please feel free to list your items for sale, or for auction to benefit this charity. There is no charge for selling in this forum, all we ask is that the funds generated in this forum, all go to the AK Adopting Families for the Holidays charity through Volunteers of America. You can do this a couple of ways.

One is to send the money to Audiokarma through this link. http://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Or two, mail the funds to

AudioKarma
29488 Woodward Ave
Suite 160
Royal Oak, Michigan 48073

Either way you choose, please make note on the payment, that it is for our adopted families. Thank you all and have a happy holiday season.

Thank you for your support. As in the past, I will be posting on the families as we purchase and deliver gifts.

Nancy
Ms Grumpy

Thank you olson jr. Like I said before, I am so amazed by the generosity of the members. I can't wait to start telling stories of the families. It is such an heart warming feeling knowing how much we helped these families.

WOW ! you guys have really been stepping up with the auctions. We are now waiting to hear from VOA so that we can start shopping for our first family.

Thank you guys again for your continued support of this program.
Ms Grumpy

Yes indeed, Ms Grumpy. Thanks for making this possible for us. Wishing you and yours a very happy holiday season.

- Michael

I know it has been some time since I have updated you guys. Sorry about that. But we have been a little busy trying our best to make every single donation go as far as we can.

This year has been a little harder for us because our contact at VOA has not been available to us. This woman had come to know us better than we knew ourselves. When we called she would always come up with the families that maybe no one else wanted, maybe because they were large or they had special needs. Well this year it has taken us a little longer because the reps that answer the phones don't know us. Now in no way has this deterred our efforts, it has just made us all the more determined to find those special families who are waiting for us to help.

OK..did my rant. Here is what has happened since my last update. AK has adopted 2 seniors, made sure that they have food and at least a small gift to make their holiday better. Another 3 families will have smiles on their children's faces on Christmas morning, as well as a groceries to feed those hungry bellies. AK also made a donation to the food bank, enough to provide 1,200 meals to those in need. I found out that throughout the holiday's the need for food increases, because there they see a lot of kids coming to the food banks. Most of these kids qualify for free lunch when school is in session, and when school is out they come to the food kitchens/food banks to eat. I was told that at some food kitchens the need increases 3x's throughout the winter break.

I still have gifts for 2 families that I need to wrap and deliver. I know, I know, I am running out of time. But I will get it done. I want all the donations to put smiles on as many faces of children as we can.

I cannot say it enough. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. I wish I could convey the feeling of joy that we feel when we walk in the door with arms full of presents, and there is this little face, smiling from ear to ear, the excitement in their eyes, and the questions that they have for us. "Who are you ?" "Why are you here ?" "Are those for us ?" Our hearts are overjoyed that we are able to keep the wonderment of Christmas alive for these innocent little ones. That is why we do it....for the kids...

Thanks, Nancy. It's been a tough year all around and your progress reports are a bright spot in my day. Thanks.

I really hate to do this to you Nancy but I'm going to have to send you a little money so you can get some more toys to wrap :thmbsp:

Donation sent, that should be enough for at least another family worth of toys :)

I know, I know, I am running out of time. But I will get it done. I want all the donations to put smiles on as many faces of children as we can. That is why we do it....for the kids...

You're putting smiles on the faces of us old farts too, keep up the good work!

I really hate to do this to you Nancy but I'm going to have to send you a little money so you can get some more toys to wrap :thmbsp:

Donation sent, that should be enough for at least another family worth of toys :)

BBQ fest at Bill's place this spring!:smoke: :D

We have been busy Santa's Helpers.

Today, AK adopted another 3 families.

Keep it coming guys.

As long as you do, we will bust our butts to put more smiles on those little faces.

Last year we had donations that came in as late as the 2nd week in January. We still called and provided food for some Seniors and families. As well as a donation to a food bank.

Thank you guys. I know I say it a lot, but I really mean it.

Gotta love them Chevy's......

picture.php

Enough came in last night that we were able to adopt 3 more families this morning.

So right now, we have adopted 2 seniors, 11 families, and donated enough money for 1,200 meals at a food bank.

You guys are amazing !

And it is still coming in. Just makes me speechless.

I just got tapped to help deliver presents tomorrow! My favourite thing! HooRay! :banana:

You guys know that the giving is fun, because it is. Delivering Christmas to a family without anything will make your heart soar with joy when you see the little faces peering through the window as you start to unload, but it breaks your heart when you see just how little some folks have.

Everybody who can read this, please say thanks for all that you have. If you can buy or fix or swap a piece of stereo gear, you're miles ahead of someone who is praying for some food and clothing, just so they can eat and stay warm.

Thanks for the continuing support.

Back
Top Bottom