Adopting Families for the Holidays 2016 has begun...

Ms Grumpy

Administrator
Admin
Super Mod
Subscriber
I suspect that there are members of AK that don't know about our yearly Adopting Families for the Holidays program that we have done for the past 6+ years. For those of you that are not familiar with this let me give you a quick version of how it works.

Auctions are put up in the AK Charities and Christmas Forum with all proceeds from these auctions go to the "Adopting Families for the Holidays 2016" charity. Auctions can be for almost anything.

What happens then is that I work with the Volunteers of America Organization(VOA) to find families in need of help to provide a Christmas for their Children. I contact the families and set up a time to take the parents shopping to purchase gifts for their children. Now some families have needs that go beyond just gifts. In the past we have purchased winter coats, boots, food, cleaning supplies, toiletries, pots and pans, dishes, sheets or whatever the need is for the family.

AK also works with VOA to find Senior Citizens and Vets that are struggling and I have taken them shopping to purchase them the items they need.

After shopping with the families I do my best to post up pictures and a story telling the members about the families, Seniors and Vets that you have helped.

Please click on the link below and help bring the magic of Christmas to some people in need...
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?forums/ak-charities-christmas.174/

Thank you for your continued support,
Nancy
Ms Grumpy

As soon as my backs feeling better I'll get plenty of AK auctions running for our charity. Hope you folks will consider bidding, or even listing auctions of your own. We try to help as many familes as possible this time of year, and could use all the help we can get. Thanks and happy holidays

Dave

Back
Top Bottom