Adopting Families for the Holidays 2016

Discussion in 'AK Charities & Christmas' started by Ms Grumpy, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Ms Grumpy

Ms Grumpy Administrator Admin Subscriber

It is that time of year again. The time when many Audiokarma members participate in Adopting Families, Seniors and Veterans for the Holidays.

This will be the 8th year that Audiokarma will be working with the Volunteers of America Organization (VOA) who verifies each families information to make sure that they are low income and in need of assistance to provide a Christmas for their children. The Adopting Families for the Holidays fund also helps with providing Senior Citizens and Veterans with basic necessities like food, laundry soap, a coat or whatever their need is. Last year due to the generosity of the members of Audiokarma we were able to adopted 31 Families, Seniors, Veterans, to provide over 3,000 meals to the homeless and to donate funds to Childrens Hospitals.

How can you participate and help ?

One of the things that many members like to do is sell or auction off items with the funds going to adopt the families. In the past some of the items auctioned off have been new and old vinyl, electronic equiptment both working and not, BBQ rub, drawings, cookies and so many more items. Do you have something that you like to make or something that is just sitting around and you are not sure what to do with it. One mans trash is another mans treasure. Consider auctioning it off, someone else might really enjoy it and any money raised will go to a good cause.

Thank you so much for your continued support with keeping the magic of the Holidays alive for our Children.

Please feel free to list your items for sale, or for auction to benefit this charity.

There is no charge for selling in this forum, all we ask is that all the funds generated in this forum go to the AK Adopting Families for the Holidays charity through Volunteers of America. You can do this a couple of ways.

1) Send the money to Audiokarma through this link. http://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Please make sure that you note that the funds are for the Adopt a Family. You can put VOA in the description.

2) Mail the funds to

AudioKarma
    29488 Woodward Ave
    Suite 160
    Royal Oak, Michigan 48073
    Please let the seller know payment is sent, this way we can let them know when payment arrives.

Either way you choose, please make note on the payment, that it is for our adopted families.

Thank you for your continued support.

Due to the generosity of our great membership this year marks the 8th year that we will be Adopting Families for the Holidays.

Look for my updates on the families and see how you have helped keep the magic of the Holidays alive...
    Nancy
    Ms Grumpy

www.chevelleforum.org
    For the political nut:
    www.politicalchat.org

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Northwinds likes this.
  2. Ms Grumpy

I know that I was a little late starting this year. But I have confidence that we can pull this off. The goal this year is 30 families and with the members support we can do it.

3. Ms Grumpy

Any interest in me doing a cookie auction again this year ?

Northwinds and Grumpy like this.
  4. luvvinvinyl

luvvinvinyl Admin Staff Member Admin Subscriber

COOKIES!!!!

ME LOVE COOKIES!

[​IMG]

Northwinds and Grumpy like this.
  5. Ms Grumpy

So I think that I am going to do a few for the cookies in the next week or so. I thought about doing one with just brownies but I figure Kegger would come over if he knew I was making brownies. lol

6. Kegger

Kegger Anything can be S "MODed" Super Mod Subscriber

Did you say brownies..:jump:

7. luvvinvinyl

luvvinvinyl Admin Staff Member Admin Subscriber

Uh-oh!

Katie, bar the door!

8. Ms Grumpy

Cookie auctions will be coming soonl.