ads 810 speaker stands

handyking

hi
am new to this page...so will keep it short
sold stereo equipment for years in canada...well many moons ago!
just purchased a pair of ads 810's and am going to hook them up with my sub.
i should have bought these puppies way back in the day, but didn't.
i would like to get a pair of the metal stands that i believe were available for this model...does anyone know of a source?
thanks
handyking

Unfortunately, I don't but if you got the measurements on them, I don't know why a person couldn't take that to a metal shop (that has a nice ring to it!) and have a pair made. They are pretty basic overall and it's nice that they will accommodate for different heights and widths of speakers (ADS or otherwise).

Matter of fact, I picked up a pair of 810's a couple of weeks ago with what I assume are the stock metal stands. I'd be glad to take a picture and get measurements for you if need be.

Oh, and welcome to AudioKarma! Hope you stay awhile!

Welcome handyking, and you might have better luck asking this in the speaker section. Normally you shouldn't post but I'm sure the mods will let it slide this time.

The stands sell on occasion on a certain auction site. Go to the photo section of the ADS database to get a visual - there are at least two different factory varieties depending upon the exact model of your L-810's. You can find the measurements somewhere on AK, and they tilt back the cabinets by just over 3 degrees.

Most importantly, welcome to AK!

Man, I must have some older L810's as mine have 4 Polydax mid/woofers that look nothing like the others typically do. Even the 810's my dad had years ago had the typical stifflite cone. Hmmm...may have to take a few pics for you guys and see what you think.

Man, I must have some older L810's as mine have 4 Polydax mid/woofers that look nothing like the others typically do. Even the 810's my dad had years ago had the typical stifflite cone. Hmmm...may have to take a few pics for you guys and see what you think.
Yours may have been replaced. From the pictures I've seen, like NN's, they all had a similar look to them. You can easily buy replacements on eBay. But with your new Altecs I suspect these will be low priority. :D

hi
am new to this page...so will keep it short
sold stereo equipment for years in canada...well many moons ago!
just purchased a pair of ads 810's and am going to hook them up with my sub.
i should have bought these puppies way back in the day, but didn't.
i would like to get a pair of the metal stands that i believe were available for this model...does anyone know of a source?
thanks
handyking

The stands are tough to come by. But on another note, I ran a sub with mine for a while. Finally I realized that it didn't really bring anything to them. They really don't need any help down low in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom