ADS-910's

Congrats Glenn! The 910s are one of my favorite looking speakers ever - the proportions are fantastic and those little legs are the icing on the cake. My good friend has a pair and we found that they sounded much better with his Sansui 9090db over his Fisher 500C. The mids and highs sounded great, very smooth yet precise. The bass was not as "big" as I assumed it would be considering the size of the cabinets and dual woofer config. The speakers had been fully recapped and all drivers were 100%. We actually did a shoot out between the 910's and his restored KLH 23's using the Sansui on both. The 910s had a much bigger "wall of sound" presentation, but in a lot of ways we both preferred the overall sound of the 23's. His room is a funky shape, and is on the small side, I think the 23's were just a better fit for his room. YMMV, very curious to hear your impressions!

Thanks Crestwood!

WOW! Says a lot for the Twenty Threes! I'm getting near the end of the restoration on my Twenty Threes so it will be interesting to A/B them as well as with the AR3's and Angelica's.

The 910's are great looking for sure. Someone told me they were called the "R2-D2" speakers.

Once they are in the cave, if all goes well, and hooked up, I'll report on their sound, and SS vs. tubes.

Glenn

Ahhh GD!

My friend, you have amassed a formidable stash of wonderful gear & these speaks will be something special!

Enjoy,
Rome

Hey Rome!

Thanks! Some of the stash will need to go though to make room for these.

I'm hoping all goes well, and if these are all what they say they are, I may be done for a while with my speaker quests, maybe!:D

Glenn

I want a pair too, been looking here and there. Am perched and ready for the images of the new haul.

Biggles

I want a pair too, been looking here and there. Am perched and ready for the images of the new haul.

Biggles

Yup, spoke to the seller, seeing them tonight after work!:banana:
I'm stoked! He's got some other stuff so it's going to be a great way to start the weekend!

Glenn

Good luck Glenn.

Anything from ADS or Braun is usually great stuff. Had a beautiful set of 810's that were superb but space being an issue I kept the L-710's for their smaller footprint and they are never leaving. Can only imagine the 910's being even better.

I found someone elses idea of great working/cosmetic condition etc. and mine are sometimes two different things :yes: Hope that is not the case with these.

Good thoughts!

Good luck Glenn.

Anything from ADS or Braun is usually great stuff. Had a beautiful set of 810's that were superb but space being an issue I kept the L-710's for their smaller footprint and they are never leaving. Can only imagine the 910's being even better.

I found someone elses idea of great working/cosmetic condition etc. and mine are sometimes two different things :yes: Hope that is not the case with these.

Good thoughts!

Hi Fairlane,

Thanks! I have pics of them from the seller. Not the greatest pics, but from what I see, they look good. I'll get better pics when I see them.

A couple years ago I found a pair of NAD 20's in the trash, with Braun drivers, and those things are shockingly good. My son has them.

Glenn

I have had - and still do - some noce speakers. I would be all over a set of 910s if they ever showed up locally!

Grab them and ask questions later.

Cheers,

David

I have them! They need a good cleaning and oiling. Looks like they haven't been touched in 20 plus years! There's a few light scratches on the bottoms, but minimal. The grills are ok, one looks like one of their cats worked on it a bit, not horrible, but shiet! I'll try to use some sharp scissors to trim the pulls. Sonically, awesome! I'll get them in the cave in a bit and post pics as they are before I clean them up.
The best part......125.00! I have the stands too!

Got some other gear as well and will go back to pick it up in the morning.
A McIntosh MA 6100.
A Luxman R-1040 with original receipt from nov 1977!
Magneplaner SMG's. One doesn't work, he thinks it has a broken tweeter ribbon. The other one sounded great.

Also threw in a free set of AR 12's with nice walnut cabs and need a refoam.

Quite a way to start off the weekend!

Glenn

Last edited:
Excellent score..those 910's retailed for around 1000.00-1200.oo back when sold new in the late 70's.
Rubber butyl surrounds on those woofers/mids or foam glenn?

hunter

Nice little haul there with all of that. I've read so many comments along the same lines that you can't really go wrong with any ads speakers. I've never seen or heard any but the pair I own and I'll try to nab any more that I can find.

Back
Top Bottom