ADS-910's

I like using a pick type tool.
2517224_2000x2000.jpg
I used the pick second from left with a demo bar on top of a piece of 2X4 on top of a soft towel as a fulcrum arrangement. Pick in through one of the screw holes and the point tapped under the mount plate. I tears up a bit of wood under the plate, but it's covered.
Doom on anyone who shoves a screwdriver under the tweeter and gouges their baffle.

Ok..will take another one in natural light tomorrow. Hard to photo decal close up with Galaxy 5 ...lines will not stay parallel. A flash this close generates large glare spot.

BTW...If I can remove the tweeter, will that give me access to back of the midrange to push it out ?

Attachments

• 1489124809633-2105218620.jpg
    1,022.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Ok..will take another one in natural light tomorrow. Hard to photo decal close up with Galaxy 5 ...lines will not stay parallel. A flash this close generates large glare spot.

BTW...If I can remove the tweeter, will that give me access to back of the midrange to push it out ?
Yes, and thanks for trying the pic In natural light, you may not need the flash, and I can manipulate it in Photoshop.

For removing the mid, you can also try the trick of inserting a larger diameter screw into one of the corner holes enough for it to "bite" and then apply leverage to the screw, using padding to protect the front panel of the speaker.

John

Yes, and thanks for trying the pic In natural light, you may not need the flash, and I can manipulate it in Photoshop.

Hey Glenn,

If you are making one set of LED meter scales, I would be interested in purchasing a second set from you. Name your price!

You can see in the avatar pic my LEDs are naked.

George

Thanks, John. Will have a go this weekend. BTW...sold (2) Tandberg 3001's and (1) 3001A ...500 for all...gave buyer your name as the Expert. Too complex for me.
Best,
Jim

At that price they either got a great deal, or a lot of pain... could go either way.

John

Hey Glenn,

If you are making one set of LED meter scales, I would be interested in purchasing a second set from you. Name your price!

You can see in the avatar pic my LEDs are naked.

George
Hey George,

When I get to them, no problem.

Glenn

Glenn..
Any better ? I can try the decal on the other L910.
Jim

Attachments

• 20170312_100216.jpg
    20170312_100216.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 23
There's a guy on ebay selling replica decals for pretty cheap. They look like pretty close copies of the originals.

There's a guy on ebay selling replica decals for pretty cheap. They look like pretty close copies of the originals.
Thanks for the heads up!
Saw that listing, and I almost went for them until I saw Riptides pic. The replicas are ok, but not close. I'm an art director/graphic designer, I'll make these myself and print them out.

Glenn,
L910 decal.
4" tall
1 5/16" wide
Decal cutout
2 3/4" tall
5/16" wide
Detail line
3/32" from edge

My vision not the best...so would be good if verified. Will send couple photos in a second.

AK name is Rapide...as in the Vincent Rapide motorcycle.

Jim

Last edited:
Couple photos of measurements. My digital caliper broken. Not much light in this area of kitchen. I can haul the L910 outside in better light if needed.
Jim

Attachments

• 20170312_162006.jpg
    20170312_162006.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20170312_161851.jpg
    20170312_161851.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20170312_161732.jpg
    20170312_161732.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 17
Couple photos of measurements. My digital caliper broken. Not much light in this area of kitchen. I can haul the L910 outside in better light if needed.
Jim
Hey Jim,

These are great! No need to get a hernia hauling it outside!

Thanks!
Glenn

Glenn,
L910 decal.
4" tall
1 5/16" wide
Decal cutout
2 3/4" tall
5/16" wide
Detail line
3/32" from edge

My vision not the best...so would be good if verified. Will send couple photos in a second.

AK name is Rapide...as in the Vincent Rapide motorcycle. I used to own/operate thevincent.com website.

Jim
That's pretty cool Jim! Do you own one, or a few?

Just a pr of L910's with stands with one dead midrange. May be crossover connections. Been bizzi with termite damage in rental house I bought. Never buy at Sherrif's auction...you can't get inside to inspect.
My favorite speakers right now are Proac Tablettes...3 pr. Someday would like to find Response 2.5, 3, 3.5 or 3.8's in the PNW. Over last 60+ years have enjoyed everything from LS3/5A's to Altec 604's, JBL's, Quads, Beveridge, etc. They are All fun....looking forward to repairing the $200 L910's.

Just a pr of L910's with stands with one dead midrange. May be crossover connections. Been bizzi with termite damage in rental house I bought. Never buy at Sherrif's auction...you can't get inside to inspect.
My favorite speakers right now are Proac Tablettes...3 pr. Someday would like to find Response 2.5, 3, 3.5 or 3.8's in the PNW. Over last 60+ years have enjoyed everything from LS3/5A's to Altec 604's, JBL's, Quads, Beveridge, etc. They are All fun....looking forward to repairing the $200 L910's.
I think once you have the 910's singing, you'll be impressed.

Rare ADS L910 Triamp cards currently on BT.
Do the cards bypass the passive components or do they just break up the "legs" of the crossover? A pal of mine argues that 99% of the benefit of bi/tri-amping is the reduction of the intermodulation distortion associated with an amp trying to duplicate a wide frequency range, whereas I've always been told that the elimination of the passive components and their ensuing colorization held great value.
I've heard 1230's, 1530's and 1590's biamped via a C2000 and the results were favorable, but I'm wondering if a bypass of all but a few protective components would yield even better results?

Back
Top Bottom