ADS-910's

Mine have the veneered backs and have the 'aDs 910' badges. My serial numbers are in the 2200 range, if that helps.

Yes, that is around the serial number range for mine.

There's also some repro 910 badges listed for 17.99. They look ok.

Those are the same ones I just purchased. It looks like he made a few sets while making mine, they will do for now, and should look pretty good. I was going to go with the "aDs 910" style, weather it was correct or not, because I liked the look better. Seems like it will be correct for mine anyway, so win-win.

I bought those repro badges, and so did a friend of mine. They look good and from a distance you wouldn't be able to tell they're not original.

View attachment 997627 View attachment 997628
I also just replaced the e caps on my crossovers with 2 Mundorf caps in paralell (68 and 22uf). The change in bass was instant and fantastic! Much richer, detailed bass.
I'm buying an extra set of crossovers that have been recapped. I'm really curious how they will sound compared to my originals.
Ooo, can you post a couple close ups of your LED cards and the retaining wire? I need to make the wire and a good profile pic would be very helpful.
Cheers, Glenn

Veneered backs... Cell phone shot, sorry.

View attachment 998082
Earlier in the thread, we were trying to have these made at a metal shop. Pics, art files etc... were sent to the shop. The shop owner got cold feet, scared of copyright and didn't end up making them. I checked with the company that owne's the ADS name and they were fine with badges being remanufactured, but the metal repros never came to be. AKer Allsmith has made some nice replicas if anyone needs them.
Glenn

Should be able to sand cast them at home fairly easily with extremely minimal machining...
Have you done this? For the many missing their badges, this would be an awesome way to get close to original looking badges.

Talking about reproductions, I did get a quote to reproduce the cast aluminum stands, and the cost was $176 for each side piece and $89 for the crossbars. I can try somewhere else, but it is not looking promising to do something cost effective.

Talking about reproductions, I did get a quote to reproduce the cast aluminum stands, and the cost was $176 for each side piece and $89 for the crossbars. I can try somewhere else, but it is not looking promising to do something cost effective.
Great that you looked into this. For one set, not surprised they would cost so much.
Too bad, and it would be difficult to get 8-10 guys who need stands to commit to having these made. Price would probably come down some maybe making it worth it.
BTW. I haven't forgotten about the LED decals. I'm almost done with the artwork.
Glenn

Great that you looked into this. For one set, not surprised they would cost so much.

That was a quote for 10 sets, or pairs. So the quote was for 40 side pieces and 20 crossbars. I was willing to wager that I could sell at least that many if the costs were reasonable, but they were not.

Too bad, and it would be difficult to get 8-10 guys who need stands to commit to having these made. Price would probably come down some maybe making it worth it.
BTW. I haven't forgotten about the LED decals. I'm almost done with the artwork.
Glenn

Someone sold the LED repro stickers on EBay a while back

Have you done this? For the many missing their badges, this would be an awesome way to get close to original looking badges.

Not on anything that small but I doubt it would be too terribly difficult. We did some hood ornaments and a few other car parts.

Starting with only 1 or 2 pieces and trying to make a run would be pretty time consuming though. You can only double what you have on hand with each casting session.

I'll talk to my brother and see if he's willing to give it a go. Left the furnace and all that stuff with him back in MI. He's a fairly proficient procrastinator so don't hold your breath.

Back
Top Bottom