ADS-910's

Most of the ADS speakers I've had, which is most of them, had a finish on them that made it necessary to remove all that finish before anything like Watco or Howards was applied.

These didn't warrant that. I considered sanding off the finish, but the scratches were minor. Watcos made a big difference. These cabs looked like nothing had been done to them since they left the factory.

Maybe down the line I'll do a complete sanding to the veneer and refinish.

Glenn

Very nice! The 910 is one I would like to hear one day. Sweet score, I read nothing but good things about them. Enjoy.

Very nice! The 910 is one I would like to hear one day. Sweet score, I read nothing but good things about them. Enjoy.

Thanks Jelle!

When I started researching these, that's all I kept seeing and reading, glowing reviews! I really lucked out with this deal, all parties are happy!

I've only had about 15 minutes of listening so far.
Really looking forward to an extended listening session!

Glenn

Dust stuck on tweeter and mid

It appears these are coated with a butyl rubber, similar to the sealer on KLH woofer surrounds.

There's 30 plus years of dust etc and I'd like to remove as much as possible without damaging the drivers. Have any ADS owners here had any luck cleaning the drivers? Can I use a little Acetone to loosen and remove the dust, then re-coat the drivers with the KLH sealer, which I have?

Also a couple pics of the paperwork that came with these.

Glenn

IMG_0803_zpscjc1lvuk.JPG IMG_9065_zpslt8xzzjk.JPG IMG_9066_zpsczx93l4x.JPG IMG_9069_zps8pgdtrnd.JPG

Last edited:
No acetone!!!

It's a common problem. You can search and find threads on it.

Google:
"remove dust from ADS tweeters"

Here's an AK thread:
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=82369

Thanks bhebbel! I don't want to mess these up. The thread link is very helpful. They sound great, I just can't stand all the crap on them. I did get some of the cat hair removed, so a little better. I'll pick some up and try the plastic tweezers approach.

Glenn

Any chance you might scan a few of those documents you got with the 910's and post them on here? I'm particularly interested in the typed sheets and the layout/instruction sheet for the crossover. Never seen a copy of those before.
Thanks,
John

Any chance you might scan a few of those documents you got with the 910's and post them on here? I'm particularly interested in the typed sheets and the layout/instruction sheet for the crossover. Never seen a copy of those before.
Thanks,
John

Yup, I can do that tonight!

:beerchug:

Thanks,
John

I suggest putting the softcopy up on the AK database and offer it to sportsbill.

Thanks Glenn. That's great. I've never seen the typed intro, specs and crossover switch and connector layout before.

The first Hour session

These are so silky smooth. I've been working on the Twenty Three cab for the last hour listening to the 910's at low volume. Wifey is asleep. At low volume they are so nice, clear, and DEEEEEEP! Listening to Pink Floyd-Us and Them, then some House tracks! Bigger is better has serious merit here! Earlier when I got home, I got a few minutes to stretch their legs a bit and :yikes::banana::ntwrthy::jawdrop:! These are like a new girlfriend, you can't get enough! I'm still giddy about this addition!

Ok, time for bed.

Wow Glenn, I'm super jealous!! I have a pair of L810's, and I've always wanted a pair of the 910's (even though I don't really have the room).

Enjoy...

Paul

Those are some sweet looking ADS speakers you got there man!! Congrats! I know what your going through,it reminds me of when i first heard my 1290's!!

Wow Glenn, I'm super jealous!! I have a pair of L810's, and I've always wanted a pair of the 910's (even though I don't really have the room).

Enjoy...

Paul

Thanks India!

I knew nothing regarding ADS except what I've read here, big love for the brand, then these are virtually handed to me! They are special. I need to do a little more work on them, reglue the badges, clean up the grills, and eventually replacing the grill fabric that the PO's cat took a liking to.

Glenn

Those are some sweet looking ADS speakers you got there man!! Congrats! I know what your going through,it reminds me of when i first heard my 1290's!!

Hey Allsmith!

Good to hear from ya!

I was pretty lucky to come across these. Only the third owner!

Definitely the honeymoon stage right now! Just getting to know them.

Glenn

Good to see the 910s getting some love. I am on my second pair now, the current set in near mint condition. Use them primarily with a Yamaha CA-2010. Definitely one of the least fatiguing speakers I have used (as is much of the ADS line).

Attachments

• IMG_3840 (1).jpg
    IMG_3840 (1).jpg
    74 KB · Views: 72
Good to see the 910s getting some love. I am on my second pair now, the current set in near mint condition. Use them primarily with a Yamaha CA-2010. Definitely one of the least fatiguing speakers I have used (as is much of the ADS line).

Do you still have the first pair as well? I can imagine how 4 of these would sound playing at the same time!

These fit right in with most of my gear, non-fatiguing east coast sound!

My A-X9 will be powering these when I get it back from my tech, but for now, are very sweet with tubes!

Glenn

Back
Top Bottom