ADS a/d/s sticky midrange shipping disaster

Same happen to my pair of 1090's when the guy i bought them from covered the speakers with a sheet when he delivered them...Stuck to both tweeters and both mids!...I cut the sheet off as close as possible and was able to use a razor blade and pick off what was left of the sheet, i did out in the sun and i think that helped..I was sweating bullets too!..lol...The glue was all rough at first but it magically flowed back out nice and smooth while we was still out there in the sun..it was a very warm summer day..I never heard any ads's before so i had nothing to compare them too but i thought they sounded amazing and still bought them..I have never noticed they they sounded strange..I had to get pretty rough getting that sheet material off too!

Great advice but a bit too late it seems.

If you mean because he unpacked them, I would take pics that show the domes and material stuck on the wrap. Attempting to repair them then getting ebay involved won't get a refund. And you can't repair those. Too much of the dome compound is gone and the result is likely audible as a buzz at some frequencies. A shame really.

Anyone know how to contact Richard So?

When I try his website (http://www.adsspeakersservice.com/) from any browser (Safari, Chrome, IE, Edge, etc.) I get a warning that I need to install the latest Adobe Flash Player (see the screen shot pic attached to this post). My browsers are up-to-date, so I'm concerned this website is not current and possibly hacked! I'm concerned if I press the "Click to download" button, this will allow a virus or something nefarious to hack my computer, but without pressing the button, I cannot proceed to his website. Again, my browsers are up-to-date, and I went to the Adobe site and downloaded the Flash Player. After I went back to Richard's website, and still I'm confronted with the need to install the Flash Player!

I've also emailed him through his Yahoo! account, provided by older posts on Audiokarma. I emailed him three weeks ago, and waited a week thinking he must be busy. I then emailed from another email account I have, and have waited another two weeks without a response.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some minor detail I'm missing. I feel like I'm incorrectly addressing Seinfeld's Soup Nazi when reaching out to Richard, "No repair for you!"

Any help is greatly appreciated. I love my L730 speakers, and want to buy more a/d/s speakers, but I also want to ensure I have a resource for repair/restoration.

Thank you.

Attachments

• richard-so.png
    richard-so.png
    140.3 KB · Views: 8
Foo.kamikaze,

I contacted Richard last month and he said he would be away from June 25 to August 13.

Also, I get similar warning on his website but never had anything bad happen when entering.

Foo.kamikaze,

I contacted Richard last month and he said he would be away from June 25 to August 13.

Also, I get similar warning on his website but never had anything bad happen when entering.

Oh, that clears things up quickly. Thanks for the update!

Oh, that clears things up quickly. Thanks for the update!
FYI ... You need to "Allow" Flash Player to run before the page will load correctly. In Chrome, click the " i " icon in the address bar to view the address information. In the drop down, you will see Flash options. Select "Allow" and the webpage should load.

Back
Top Bottom