ADS L1090 comments please

NH-MAN

Addicted Member
$75 pair I read they like power to bring out the capabilities in them but can still hold their own today
Are they a good investment as well?

00h0h_Ci13cAsGvz_600x450.jpg

Most large ADS speakers go for a lot more than $75! :thumbsup:

Did you already purchase them? If not RUN and do so ASAP!
No not yet, kind of broke and have 3 sets of speakers as is, but if enough people say they are as good as I have read on the WW web I just might have to. sigh

I made an appointment to audition a pair of 1230's locally on CL and the owner cancelled due to a guy half way across the country driving to buy them sight unseen. They have loyal followers, for sure.

I made an appointment to audition a pair of 1230's locally on CL and the owner cancelled due to a guy half way across the country driving to buy them sight unseen. They have loyal followers, for sure.
Bummer, not much out there on them. I emailed the seller.

Hard to say what to do because we don't know what speakers you have now. Can't comment on value since this is not the dollars and sense forum.

But if you search AK for the 1090s you will find quite a bit of info on them.

That's a bummer, maybe it will fall though.

Hard to say what to do because we don't know what speakers you have now. Can't comment on value since this is not the dollars and sense forum.

But if you search AK for the 1090s you will find quite a bit of info on them.
I did a search and there was not much about them I could find.

They are nicely balanced, accurate sounding speakers. They have 2 7inch woofers and smaller cabinets than the larger 1290/1590 versions that use 8/10 inch woofers. The crossover on the 1090 also is simpler and does not allow biamp power.

I paid the same amount for my 1290s a couple years ago and still have them in my stable of speakers and rotate them in as I like.

I have a pair of the L810's and the L1090's. I think the L1090's sound better. For that price you can't go wrong. If you don't like them you can always sell them for way more than what you paid.

$75 is a super deal and the L1090 is a nice sounding speaker. Barely any footprint, they tend to disappear. Good bass but best when paired with a subwoofer.

Thank you all and for the thread links as I did not come up with much when I did a search.

I am still awaiting a reply from the seller.

I've owned a pair since new. Listen to them every day. Great speakers!

Some say they are better than 1290's in certain ways. That's saying a lot.
Recommended power on the L1290's is 15-300 watts. You'll be OK with whatever you use, assuming it isn't a flea watt tube amp.

You NEED these.

Back
Top Bottom