ADS L1530 - Oregon Coast

I bet these have sold already. I just betcha.
Bucky is depressed.....
I guess the lesson I need to learn is, "Don't ask any questions" when it comes to an Estate sale.
Just go, gettum(3hr drive one way), and hope that they don't need to much TLC.

For my 1590s I responded seven minutes after posted, he called and I left the house. Back in an hour hauling em in the house with help from a neighbor. "Hey, come look what I picked up" got him roped into that job.

If that is true and with the discussion of the 1590 being so close to the 1530, this makes me believe the left coasters, limited availability market has these priced at 2x the east coast going rate. Not sure but with 1290s being 400, that would make the 1590 about 800. These had 2x that is to me, too high for what little they offer over the 1590. This based on reading here on ak about these two 1500-series, owning the 1590/2. I guess it would be like paying shipping if they do in fact show up on the list for 2x the buy. Let's hope as you did they make it to the community instead, or your crib.
I have had the both and this is correct, at least to my ears. Both sets had the Richard So treatment, and the 1530s were rewired and recapped. For the record, I still have the 1530s, but it was reasonably close. Both are exceptional loudspeakers and well worth $800, IMHO. I would not over reach for one over the other.

The reason I have my 1530's is the seller preferred his 1590's by a slim margin in direct comparisons. Either pair is also a significant upgrade over BA400's or the 1230's in the direct comparisons I've heard here. A tougher comparison is with khorns vs.1530s. 2 completely different speakers but if one pair had to leave it would my khorns mainly because the 1530's don't have long term listener fatigue that horns do on my ears. Sadly to my ears W90's just aren't in the running with any of the above Better luck next time BB.

Well so far it is:

The 1530 with a reasonably close margin of victory to stay

and

The 1590 staying by a slim margin.

Seems these two speakers are very close. Size and looks may be the determinate. I know for me it was availability and price that put the 1590/2s in the sound room and the 1530s on the watch list.

For my 1590s I responded seven minutes after posted, he called and I left the house. Back in an hour hauling em in the house with help from a neighbor. "Hey, come look what I picked up" got him roped into that job.

Same for my 1590s...had to take off a few hours from work during the day, and trekked into San Francisco, and they were on the 2nd floor artist studio. Thank goodness the seller helped with carrying them down those steep stairs...

The reason I have my 1530's is the seller preferred his 1590's by a slim margin in direct comparisons. Either pair is also a significant upgrade over BA400's or the 1230's in the direct comparisons I've heard here. A tougher comparison is with khorns vs.1530s. 2 completely different speakers but if one pair had to leave it would my khorns mainly because the 1530's don't have long term listener fatigue that horns do on my ears. Sadly to my ears W90's just aren't in the running with any of the above Better luck next time BB.

Ya. Thanks.
I feel better now.
As I said earlier, I have been blessed to have what I have so if another AK brother or sister gets these it would still hurt, but not quite as much.
Maybe someday....

Last edited:
Well I got a response back from the guy holding the Estate sale and he said that they were sold......
I'm bummed but I am always very thankful for what I have.
Hope they found a good loving home.
(Bet they sounded good)

Last edited:
Hmmmph - pair of these for sale locally (San Diego CL) but $1,800 ask and veneer/grill damage makes that not so attractive, even as a local pickup.

John

Back
Top Bottom