1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

ADS L1590 and PA-1 owners manual/ Sportsbil.com

Discussion in 'General Audio Discussion' started by TranCanCook, Mar 12, 2017.

1. TranCanCook

TranCanCook New Member

There is currently no owners manual on ADS sportsbil collective website for the L1590 and the PA-1 amps. I currently scored both speakers with bi amps with manuals and would like to add these on the ADS repository. Anyone know how to get in touch with website so these can be added. I'm sure a few folks would benefit from these ADS relics.

Christian B likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Blue Shadow

Blue Shadow I gotta get me a new title

Christian B likes this.
  3. Christian B

Christian B AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'll be looking forward to this one. Thanks! :thumbsup:

4. jdurbin1

jdurbin1 Tandberg enthusiast Subscriber

I can add them to the official company archive; we still provide manual support for ADS on request thru our technical service dept. (you are also welcome to contact me directly for same).

Do you have them scanned already, or need any assistance with that?

John

GD70 likes this.
  5. TranCanCook

TranCanCook New Member

thanks everyone. I also have the schematics for the PA-1, but probably need to get that professionally scanned since it opens up like an old school map. I guess I can try to take some high resolution pix with my dslr in the interim or see if a place like fedex kinkos does large format scans. Don't currently have the schematics on hand as one of the amps is currently being diagnosed for repair and left it with the tech. Tech said that power board needs to be fixed and maybe output transistor and repair bill would be $320. Worth fixing?

John - I have them scanned and can email them to you(PM)

6. jdurbin1

Cool. If it helps, I can have the PA1 schematics converted locally - there's a print place near me that handles large blueprint type originals converting to pdf or other digital format. I've taken them some other hand-drawn or oversized archival ADS materials in the past and they did a bang-up job at a reasonable price.

I'll drop you a PM with my info.

John

GD70 likes this.

7. stoutblock

stoutblock If it sounds good, it is good... Subscriber

Did we ever get these PA1 documents?

8. jdurbin1

Never heard back from TranCanCook... but the offer to have the original schematic scanned professionally stands.

John

9. GD70

GD70 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Almost a year ago.

10. stoutblock

stoutblock If it sounds good, it is good... Subscriber

I did find a copy of the Braun amp online. It is said to be near the exact product. I will post it here.

11. zunde

zunde Well-Known Member

I just grabbed a pair of 1290's with the PA-1 amps, did the manual for this (or the Braun amp mentioned above) ever get downloaded to the site? If so can someone please point me in the right direction-- thanks very much!

EDIT: Never mind, I found it. Thanks!!

12. TranCanCook

TranCanCook New Member

Sorry gentlemen.. I emailed them to the folks who DMed me at the time during my post back in 2017. My other PA-1 just crapped out on me so I'm going to send it in to get it repaired by the same guy who fixed my other pa-1 amp. He replaced all the capacitors and one IC chip that went bad. Im comfortable with replacing caps on bigger amps with more space to work with, but don't want to take this risk with this rare artifact.

I have the PA 1 owners manual, but not the schematic. My tech said the schematics I had were to some completely different electronic like a vcr or something. Just DM me and I can send the pdf scan of the PA-1 owners manual if needed.

13. musichal

musichal poet emeritus Subscriber

I've heard those, too. Very nice acquisition. Back when they were new. I was highly impressed.