ADS l520 vs Boston Acoustics CR9

gsilliman

Hi all - this is directed towards folks that have owned/listened to both ADS L520 and BA CR9. Interested in buying a pair of L520s and currently have a pair of CR9. They appear to be fairly similar in size, configuration, and price (on used market) - is there an appreciable difference in sound? I bought the CR 9s as a stop gap measure when my ARs crapped out assuming I'd replace fairly quickly. I've had them for a few years now and have been pretty pleased with them overall. I like the NE sound and always hear great things about the ADS so figured I'd give a try but wanted to see if there'd be an appreciable/noticeable difference I these two models.

Will be driven by Adcom 535 with an NAD PE as a pre/control amp - in small room listened to at modest levels. Rock and jazz only - mostly analog source. Thanks for any insight

I've heard a few pairs of ADS speakers (not those particular ones) and I've owned a lot of Boston Acoustics CRs. The CR series are great speakers, but I favor ADS over the CR series. ADS are smoother and have tighter bass, while the CRs can sound a bit dull and boxy in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom