ADS models, an impromptu rollcall

What are the suggested scanning specs for printed manuals, brochures, etc? I have a lot of a/d/s stuff in my files and would love to help fill any gaps that might need filling. Also, are we uploading them here to AK or do they have to be hosted offsite?

I don't see an ADS file on the AK Database. Not that they would not make one for the submissions you can make. I would like to see them get to Njord's site, too as it is a go to for ads info. If you go to his site you can see how to provide the files to him and if the pdfs are too large you can use a file service like dropbox to make them available. The email for the ADS/Njord's site is: njordnoatun@gmail.com. You can send what fits or just open a line of communication with Sigurd about using a file service.

Be great to see what you add to the database. Always nice to see the brochures, manuals and such.

I'll parse that list when I have some spare time, but off the top of my head here are some models mostly from more recent period under Directed ownership (some were in dev prior to that but shipped after the acquisition, others developed subsequently) that are missing:

Car
  • 245ix
  • 246ix (these two were the entry model when 345cs/346cs were the higher end product)
  • 641is - you have the more expensive px version, but the 641is was the standard "is" 3-way to complement the 345ism 346is etc. that was in production at the time we acquired ADST

Subwoofers
  • HT10ps
  • HT12ps

Architectural/mini
  • the whole C-series (replaced the R-series; includes in-wall, ceiling models)
  • the -ax series in-walls: 300ax, 400ax, 800ax
  • which later became the HT-series in-walls (HT300IW, 400IW, 800IW) with better grills & improvements to the tweeter dome tooling
  • the -aw and -w/-b versions of L210 and L310 (aw meaning all-weather, -w and -b referred to the cabinet paint finish)

John

What are the suggested scanning specs for printed manuals, brochures, etc? I have a lot of a/d/s stuff in my files and would love to help fill any gaps that might need filling. Also, are we uploading them here to AK or do they have to be hosted offsite?

Definitely do 300 dpi, or even 600 if your scanner is capable. I've got space to host moderately large files. I'm gonna try and put together a little index based of this list with pictures for each model as well as links to any relevant brochures, schematics, etc.

Feel free to send me anything you've got to my gmail account: adsspeakersfan

I'll post a link back to this thread once I grab a domain name and start to get that all organized. And I'll update it based on everyone's input.

p.s. I don't want to sound as though I'm discouraging anyone from sending stuff to Njord. He has a great repository of files. And redundancy probably can't hurt. I just think it'd be really great to have a catalog with an entry for each model.

Hi ADS lovers,
I am planning to get L400e for $200, old stock(as confirmed by the seller), please confirmed if it is worth?
I liked the sound, fluid mid range, soft hi-end and okay bass.

Hi ADS lovers,
I am planning to get L400e for $200, old stock(as confirmed by the seller), please confirmed if it is worth?
I liked the sound, fluid mid range, soft hi-end and okay bass.
If you like the sound and they are in nice shape what are you waiting for?

That appears to be about the going rate with shipping on the auction site, at least for those that sold. I didn't see any closed auctions for the "e" version. Not sure of the difference between the e and the other versions. I would probably hope for a slightly lower price but $200 isn't bad for speakers if you will really enjoy them.
Enjoy,
John

I missed the L400e, now for slightly lower price there is L310 in white color, not got chance to audition them, is it possible to get opinion about the L310?

Attachments

• 20160529115303.jpg
    20160529115303.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20160529115341.jpg
    20160529115341.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 20160529115349.jpg
    20160529115349.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 23
Did not come across the SW-500 sub in any reference list, but it seems to be a late 95/99 era?
12" dual port big boy.

Do any of you a/d/s/ guys own the M15/90 ?
i have ONE -not a pair but one complete speaker.

there's very little info on the internet on them.almost none really.
I found the M15 which looks the same save the M15/90 being biwirable,as opposed to a single pair of terminals on the M15.

Soundmotor used to work for ADS back in the day, as did jdurbin I believe.
I have owned, in no particular order:

L-1290
L-810
L-520
L8e
L-1230
L-780/2
SAT-6

and a few others I cannot remember.

I currently own a pair of L-880s and just picked up a pair of L-810s today. I need to sell one pair and it is a TOUGH decision!!

Latter day for me - post-Directed acquisition. I own a fair amount of older ADS gear but was still kicking around retail when it was being manufactured.

John

I suppose I’ll try to keep this thread going in 2019. I found a pair of ADS 700 speakers for $40. Wasn’t too sure about them until reading this post. But is the “L700” model substantially better than the “700”? If so, how substantial?

Back
Top Bottom