Advanced Search

Freds.Bands

Live Music Listener
I'll post here since I see nowhere else to ask this.

If I want to search for two separate words, both of which must be in the post (that is, a boolean AND) I cannot seem to find a way to do that. When I search for two words, instead I get results of one of the words and then results with the other word (that is, a boolean OR).

Often times this is a huge limitation for me. So I find nothing useful when I search for two terms that I want linked.

Tell me I'm doing something wrong and show me how to get my searches to work. Please.

Skip the advanced search altogether.

Go to google.com, key in this in the search window:

[word one]+[word 2] site:audiokarma.org

No spaces in the words, and use + to create boolean and condition. The only space is between your search terms and the word "site".

No limitations on the # of letters, either.

Like any search, the more specific you can be the better your search results will be. For example, if you wanted to see posts that were about Pioneer SX-750 and enter pioneer+receiver" vs. "pioneer+sx750", you'll get way more off-topic hits.

John

Thank you, John.

I was using google but without the site parameter.
I thought there might be an {undocumented} way to use advanced search, as there is in some other vBulletin-based sites.

Skip the advanced search altogether.

Go to google.com, key in this in the search window:

[word one]+[word 2] site:audiokarma.org

No spaces in the words, and use + to create boolean and condition. The only space is between your search terms and the word "site".

No limitations on the # of letters, either.

Like any search, the more specific you can be the better your search results will be. For example, if you wanted to see posts that were about Pioneer SX-750 and enter pioneer+receiver" vs. "pioneer+sx750", you'll get way more off-topic hits.

John

Back
Top Bottom