Advent Maestros- ever heard of 'em? $100

thedelihaus

Nocturnal transmissions
Interesting lookng Advents I may want to grab. Anyone ever heard of 'em?

Here's a pic and description...

Advent Maestro Speakers - $100

3 way speakers, 12 in woofers, real wood cabinets..$600 originally

Attachments

• maestro speaks.jpg
    maestro speaks.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 91
Jump!!

:yikes: Geez - I'd grab 'em!! I have two sets of Advent Legacys, LOVE THEM, and the Maestros are one model up. Are you sure about the 12" woofer? I thought they were 10" like the Legacys, but a three-way design with the relatively unique "doughnut" midrange driver. Still worth it, though!! :thmbsp:

Thanks for the info. Do you know the ohm rating on these? Are they 4, 6 or 8 ohm? Dunno about the true size of the woofer, listed as 12" but they may be 10". Thanks for the heads up on that.

By the way, do you know what the Baby Advent 2s are? I was told they were 4 ohms, I thought they were 8. I've got a pair in storage I can't get to to check myself.

Thanks again for the quick response! Much appreciated!!!

Hmmm... don't know about the Baby II's, but I have a pair of Babys in the closet (sounds bad, I know) - I'll check the impedance on them and the rest of my Advents when I get home & let you know. They're probably all the same.

Ooooops...

Sorry for the late reply - and unfortunately, I have no info for you. :thumbsdn: Beleive it or not, Advent seems to be very shy about their impedance ratings - I have a set of Baby IIs, a set of Prodigy Towers, and TWO sets of Legacys... but nowhere on any of them is there an impedance rating. I even have the original paperwork for my Legacys - but, you guessed it - NO impedance spec!

I'll keep my eye out, and if I see any Advent promo literature with impedance specs, you'll be the first to know. My curiosity has been piqued.

PS>> For what it's worth, I've run two sets of Legacies simultaneously with several receivers over the years, and have never had any problems...

Back
Top Bottom