Advice for a Realistic Elac Miracord TT

jd_tx

Hi all,

My mother-in-law's Realistic Elac Miracord 45 TT isn't working anymore. She said I could have it and hoped I could figure out a fix for it. I don't know much about these things, but am generally good at problem solving, troubleshooting and taking stuff apart finding something wrong and putting it back together. I was hoping to find some answers online but can't find anything specifically about this issue. I couldn't find a service manual for the 45, but found one for the 50HII that looks to have similar parts. I'm calling the parts by the names in that document (I think). Please have patience if I'm calling something by the wrong name.

So the TT wasn't spinning, and the speed change lever wasn't working (red circle):

In flipping it over I see that the pull rod leads from the switch to the parts in the blue circle.

I see that something with this connection is not right. The screw on the black bracket slips on the silver pivot lever that controls the idler wheel.

I can turn that pivot lever by hand to make the idler wheel contact with the motor, flip it over, and it works until I hit the stop button.

I just have no clue if there is a missing part or if one of these pieces is damaged, or what. I would love to get this thing running again, especially with the record changing functionality. Am I in over my head?

Hi Malden,

Thanks for the suggestion. I had taken off the platter. Ends up the pivot lever was pretty stuck to the pole it pivots on. I worked it loose and cleaned out a bit of corrosion making it stick and now it's working right.

Thanks,
JD

There's no service manual for that particular (ELAC Miracord model on vinylengine (although they do have the owners' manual -- if the OP doesn't have it and needs one).
It might be worth looking at other ELAC Miracord service manuals on vinylengine of "similar" models and see if the exploded diagrams might be helpful in sussing out what's up with the OP's current changer.

... but I am clutching at straws, here :confused:

What you've pictured in the first post is what I pictured in my post #46 of my thread.
That is a cam that tells the motor which part of the motor spindle to engage with the platter based on the speed lever position.
If it isn't 'following' the cam easily it won't engage the correct speed.

Back
Top Bottom